Castle Forbes AS balm

Has anyone else used this?

I wonder if I've got a fake bottle or something.

It's the one in the photo below and, not to put too fine a point on it, is crap.

It does a reasonable job of soothing but pours like water, is really overscented and, as I found today, comes off on clothing leaving a white powdery residue.

Really disappointing considering the RRP.

IMAG0214.jpg

I have a travel size bottle of lavender and yes, its watery, yes, has a strong scent (but I like it) and I've never had any residue on my collar ( and I wear a tie).

I, too, felt that it was rather keenly priced (!) and I'm not sure I would buy a big bottle at the going rate, but most probably would if it were cheaper!

So, not 'crap' but definitely too expensive!

I have a travel size bottle too of Cedar-sandalwood version. And yes, it has a strong scent (in this case, more like "wet wood" than sandal in my opinion) and works really well in my skin: it's well absorbed, not greasy and calming if you have had an irritating shave.

But I think that it's too pricey as well... I'll buy a big bottle if I find a good offer, but not at regular price.

Cheers

I've only ever used the Limes version of the CF balm, and that works quite nicely. It is reasonably thick, though. Certainly as viscous as the Nivea balms.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom