CASHAD - Ever-Ready or Never-Was-One?

Calling All Shave-Historians And Detectives:

A few weeks back, that I picked up, very cheaply, a group of three un-related, old razors for the purpose of practising cleaning/polishing techniques and such. I mentioned in a thread that this razor and case were among those three. The seller was upfront enough to say he knew next to nothing about razors, vintage or otherwise, but that one was in a bakelite "Ever-Ready" case.

I don't know much about Ever-Ready razors either, but most of the razors by that brand that I have seen don't look much like this. They look more ornate and esoteric like some Edwardian curio rather than a DER by "today's" designs.

No maker's marks, or alpha-numeric markings of any kind are on the razor, other than "BRITISH MADE", which is stamped on the bottom of one piece.

So, can anyone say for sure if this is or isn't an Ever-Ready razor? ... make? model? year? tips on identification etc.? If you have insights/knowledge/pointers please feel free to post them here.

Cheers, & thanks,
UH/John

Interesting one.

Ive never seen an Ever Ready DE .. I think, well from what ive learned on my travels so far that the 'Ever Ready brand' - which was a part of the American Saftey Razor company (PAL / Gem) only ever produced Single Edge razors (such as the Pat 1912) - the later models were under the GEM / Pal name..

However, what ive also discovered is that it wasn't at all uncommon for Razors of the Blade Wars period (1910-1930 ish) to be unmarked .. i have several myself.
They often came from the likes of Rotbart or Myatt..

Let me poke about and see if i or indeed anyone else can come up with anything.

Love mysteries!

Back
Top Bottom