Cannot see to shave between lips and goatee Help

It is possible that I am a bit heavy-handed with my razor sometimes, so maybe I do need to work on my shaving technique. However, I do know other men who shave that have much tougher skin, and yet they hardly ever cut themselves. So, I do believe that having very sensitive skin is a factor. I think that it is a combination of things like that, but I do use a very good razor and good quality shaving foams and gels.

Thank you for your advice and re-assurance, though. I will bear it in mind.
Belive me, sensitive skin is not a factor. Technique and what you use is causing your problems, but Hey! advise is something freely given but doesn't have to be taken.

It is possible that I am a bit heavy-handed with my razor sometimes, so maybe I do need to work on my shaving technique. However, I do know other men who shave that have much tougher skin, and yet they hardly ever cut themselves. So, I do believe that having very sensitive skin is a factor. I think that it is a combination of things like that, but I do use a very good razor and good quality shaving foams and gels.

Thank you for your advice and re-assurance, though. I will bear it in mind.
yes it could be that your to heavy handed.
Zero pressure required
let the razor do the work,
Don’t apply any pressure,
Take your time it will come soon

Reactions: FJY
it’s been a while for me but no i think you need pressure on them.
infact you can probably just about put as much pressure as you want & not cut yourself with some blades.
I think this is the biggest problem with new guys to DE they apply pressure i know i did.
Don’t get me wrong i still do at time’s especially when i have a nice mild razor but i would never recommend that to someone new

If the OP is adamant on using a Cartridge style razor the Leaf would be a better option. Same concept but the ability to find a blade that suits the user is a massive advantage. Oh and lose the canned goo too. If you want a decent shave on the cheap then all that is needed is a cheap Synthetic Brush and a tub of The Bodyshop Macca Root creme.
He'll soon find his skin sensitivity will go away.

it’s been a while for me but no i think you need pressure on them.
infact you can probably just about put as much pressure as you want & not cut yourself with some blades.
I think this is the biggest problem with new guys to DE they apply pressure i know i did.
Don’t get me wrong i still do at time’s especially when i have a nice mild razor but i would never recommend that to someone new

Yeah, that's why I like heavy aggressive razors

I don't have to think. They do the work..

Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me.
Maybe the fact that they have tougher skin somehow protects them more from cutting themselves whilst shaving. My late father had skin like sandpaper, and he rarely used to cut himself. I think having tougher skin does make a difference if you wet shave. I have known lots of men who haven't had sensitive skin, and it was the same with them. I believe that it is no coincidence.

Shaving technique does play a part, but only so much.

Maybe the fact that they have tougher skin somehow protects them more from cutting themselves whilst shaving. My late father had skin like sandpaper, and he rarely used to cut himself. I think having tougher skin does make a difference if you wet shave. I have known lots of men who haven't had sensitive skin, and it was the same with them. I believe that it is no coincidence.

Shaving technique does play a part, but only so much.
I understand and agree with what you say, but the word Yet?
Have much tougher skin, and yet they hardly ever cut themselves.
This implies that the opposite is the norm.

Back
Top Bottom