Can anyone reccomend a truly good NEWish film?

Hey. So im looking for some films to watch.

A lot of the new ones ive seen lately have been FUCKING tosh. Whats really good?

Oh, and I've seen Warhorse. It made me cry. Wait, what?

Some of my recent viewings....

TT: Closer to the edge.
Whether you are 'into' motorbikes or not, this has suddenly become one of my favourite films of all time. Its a documentary really, but by eck its a good film.

Unknown, Liam Neeson, on DVD now. I enjoyed it. yes its very 'Bourne' but it still works.

Cowboys and Aliens. Unplug your brain and enjoy.

Inbetweeners. if you like the TV show, watch it. If you don't then avoid like the plague.

Grown ups. I thought it was going to be one of those films where the trailer shows ALL the funny bits, but I loved it more than I thought I would.

Love and other drugs. Not bad. Not great, but not bad.

I'm not trying to review the above films, just a select few I've seen recently.

Some I've seen that wished I hadn't...
Due date. managed about 30 mins and it went off.
The hangover part 2. Oh dear.
Rango. Even my kids don't like it. And they'll watch any old shite.
127 hours. Amazing story. Dull film.
No strings attached. Meh.
Valentines day. An American version of Love Actually. That's shit. And not funny.

Noobstu, you should list what you've seen and hated... just so we know what you are not into.

Interesting how widely opinions can vary. 127 Hours was one of the best films of its year, and Rango has a real shot at this year's animation Oscar - rightly.

Anyway, of the crop currently in cinemas, Haywire and Shame are pretty good if you like that kind of thing (two very different kinds of thing, in fact); Dragon Tattoo, Hugo, and The Artist are all magnificent; and Mission Impossible gets the job done.

J. Edgar is properly dull, though.

Do you want to go to the cinema, or watch stuff on DVD?

What's wrong with old films? Here's a few random classics from my DVD shelf (just the ones nearest to me):

Dazed and Confused
The Day of the Jackal
The Day of the Beast (El Dia de La Bestia)
La Jetee
La Regle du Jeu
An American Werewolf in London
Assault on Precinct 13
The Warriors
Vanishing Point

balidey said:

Whether you are 'into' motorbikes or not, this has suddenly become one of my favourite films of all time. Its a documentary really, but by eck its a good film.

I have watched this, this afternoon. BRILLIANT !! I watched it on Blu Ray on a plasma 42" and the quality was outstanding.

Interesting film, even my 11 year do son and SWMBO enjoyed it. My son for the bikes and SWMBO for Guy Martin.

Northam Saint said:
balidey said:

I have watched this, this afternoon. BRILLIANT !! I watched it on Blu Ray on a plasma 42" and the quality was outstanding.

Interesting film, even my 11 year do son and SWMBO enjoyed it. My son for the bikes and SWMBO for Guy Martin.

I hate to suggest the obvious, but have you seen Senna? Similar vein, much, much better movie.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDbyILj7o-w[/video]

Ken T M said:
Northam Saint said:
balidey said:

I hate to suggest the obvious, but have you seen Senna? Similar vein, much, much better movie.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDbyILj7o-w[/video]

Yes seen Senna, another great film which is so very well put together.

Ken T M said:
Do you want to go to the cinema, or watch stuff on DVD?

What's wrong with old films? Here's a few random classics from my DVD shelf (just the ones nearest to me):

Dazed and Confused
The Day of the Jackal
The Day of the Beast (El Dia de La Bestia)
La Jetee
La Regle du Jeu
An American Werewolf in London
Assault on Precinct 13
The Warriors
Vanishing Point

That is a class dvd shelf you've got there!

Back
Top Bottom