Cade discontinued....

Another one bites the dust.....

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=151647" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=151647</a><!-- m -->

A real shame - one of my favourites, particular in the colder months.

John

Was in the Blue water branch yesterday and they are none the wiser with regards to this being discontinued.

Still available on-line, usually they stop on-line ordering of discontinued products first.

RB73 said:
Was in the Blue water branch yesterday and they are none the wiser with regards to this being discontinued.

Still available on-line, usually they stop on-line ordering of discontinued products first.

Hmm.... it seems that a number of B&B members have contacted the head office and have received official word, so it's not a rumour! I'd still stock up if you like this soap.

John

If anyone is desperate to get their hands on some, I have two sealed cakes of this soap that I'd be willing to swap for an un-used bowl of D R Harris Almond soap.

I've also got a lightly used cake in the aluminium bowl that I could be tempted to part with for an un-used bowl of Trumper's Rose soap.

joe mcclaine said:
If anyone is desperate to get their hands on some, I have two sealed cakes of this soap that I'd be willing to swap for an un-used bowl of D R Harris Almond soap.

I've also got a lightly used cake in the aluminium bowl that I could be tempted to part with for an un-used bowl of Trumper's Rose soap.

Vinny,

Fancy trading one cake for an Irisch Moos Shave stick - unused? No probs if you don't. Dont's ask, don't get and all that :lol:

Cheers,

Just got this from L'Occitane:

Dear Mr Clare,

Thank you for your interest in our Cade Shaving Soap.

According to our production report from France, the Cade Shaving Soap is still listed as a permanent product.
No plans to discontinued this product at the moment.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need more information.

Yours sincerely,

Gaelle DEBAUGE | L'Occitane Ltd
Customer Service Representative

So... odd that there is conflicting info!

John

moodymick said:
Does the Cade soap have 'Cade' actually written on it? I got 2 cakes of L'Occitane a couple of years ago when i had the Alu bowl bought for me, but the soap does not have 'Cade' stamped in it? Could be different i suppose, though always found the smell a bit low key and the lather so-so.

No, just has L'Occitane stamped across it.

My metal bowl now holds two grated Speick sticks which i find to be better than the Cade.

I believe it is only the Cade after shave that is discontinued, the rest of the Cade range (soap, ASB etc) will stay. It definitely has been pulled from the US (.com) site but still on the UK site so far. I also asked in the shop and they did not know of its discontinuation but have seen some of the emails on B&B, it is not a very expensive AS so if you like it I would but at least one spare just in case.

well i for one wont ever be using it again when my new stuff arrives from holland....just not my sorta stuff...i would rather use Arko :shave

Got a stupid junk mail from L'Occitane the other day and had a nosey round the UK site and noted that I could no longer find Cade After Shave Splash. Maybe it is just me but I couldn't see it anywhere, still plenty of other nice after shaves out there but it seems the rumors were true.

In L'occitaine today. Soap was £8.50 and the bowl was £18.50, silly me thought that for £18.50 they would actually give you some soap in the bowl, nope just an empty bowl. Just got the cake of soap. The sales lady tried to explain that the expensive bowl was actually made from real aluminum and would last a lifetime, is it just me or is that really taking the piss?

Proinsias said:
In L'occitaine today. Soap was £8.50 and the bowl was £18.50, silly me thought that for £18.50 they would actually give you some soap in the bowl, nope just an empty bowl. Just got the cake of soap. The sales lady tried to explain that the expensive bowl was actually made from real aluminum and would last a lifetime, is it just me or is that really taking the piss?

They hallmark the real aluminium

Proinsias said:

Well the sales dolly explained that to me too (I was in buying it as a gift for myself), noticed that one or two of the dishes were about 100g heavier... so picked one of those and the soap. Result 2 soaps, 1 dish.

Back
Top Bottom