BT v Sky

Yep, a lot more. Prices are way beyond me so it'll be neither BT or Sky.

BT v Sky + Peasant = Radio 5 Live

I resent the deal quite a lot. As a Wolves supporter, the only occasion I get to watch top class football is the European Cup! I can't be going out to the pub on a Tuesday or Wednesday night these days. I felt even more outraged when test cricket moved from Channel 4. How long until the Six Nations, for instance, goes to Sky or BT?

Competition only drives prices down (assuming for the moment the pleasant fiction of genuine perfect-information competition) if the competitors are competing on price to market. In this market they never have been; they are bidding for the rights to sell advertising.

Happily I get BT sport for free on my Virgin Cable TV / Phone / Internet package.

As a committed (in more ways than one) MotoGP viewer I'd have swapped to BT had Virgin not put a sensible deal together to show bike racing :)

I confess.

Spurs v Man U on BT this Sunday did it.

I saved £2.50 a month on a new deal with Plusnet and have gone for their BT Channels for £5.99 a month. Will have to cut out one coffee a month.

antdad said:
Wait till you see the presenting team, they make the MOTD lot seem like intellectual heavyweights.

I have long made a point of switching on a few seconds before the start of sporting events, I give half time or other intervals a miss and turn off at the final whistle/close of play. I'm not much interested in pre match speculation or post match analysis. And it keeps me calm.

As I only watch Rabbo league rugby which includes the Welsh Italians Irish and Scottish I thought I was OK until I heard that Sky have signed up the top 23 games from our league starting from the next new season 2014.

Al H said:
Ring sky threaten to cancel and get a deal

Works every time

I agree with that, a few years ago I was very ill and I took Sky just because I needed to have more choice, being housebound. When I was eventually fit & well I tried to discontinue Sky, it's a load of crap anyway. It took me 18 months to finally get rid, they kept offering me ridiculously cheap deals. So if you are unlucky enough to have Sky, give it a try.

The more you have with sky the cheaper it is, I have Sky + HD including demand anytime + the learning and entertaiment package + unlimited broadband phone including line rental for £43 a month, I think that's pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom