Brut

Simply a rebrand from what I can see ...

From the official Facebook page:

View attachment 92732

... although it happened some time ago!
The only Brut deodorant in your photograph that is familiar to me is the one in the green can. That is sold EVERYWHERE, even in chemists and supermarkets.

Having said that, I do vaguely recall seeing a red can of Brut deodorant in Wilko the other day, but I didn't look at it, so I am unsure if that is the same one in the photo or not. I haven't seen the red Brut deodorant anywhere else, though.

This range looks European.

Yeah, I think I've only see original Brut in supermarkets. As for the aftershaves, I've seen Musk in the wild ... but all the other scents, I've had to get online. Attraction Totale and Passion are really good! Musk remains my favourite flanker to the original.

This range looks European.

Yeah, I think I've only see original Brut in supermarkets. As for the aftershaves, I've seen Musk in the wild ... but all the other scents, I've had to get online. Attraction Totale and Passion are really good! Musk remains my favourite flanker to the original.

I think the majority of the range can be bought in a lot of Afro Carribbean hair/beauty product shops in London.

I think the majority of the range can be bought in a lot of Afro Carribbean hair/beauty product shops in London.
I never realised that Brut was so popular with the Afro Caribbean community. In any case, why is it not more widely available in other shops elsewhere, such as chemists or supermarkets? If you are only going to sell it in certain shops in London, it does indicate a niche market for the product. It also alienates everyone else who doesn't live there.

Odd.

I never realised that Brut was so popular with the Afro Caribbean community. In any case, why is it not more widely available in other shops elsewhere, such as chemists or supermarkets? If you are only going to sell it in certain shops in London, it does indicate a niche market for the product. It also alienates everyone else who doesn't live there.

Odd.

I'm not entirely sure why but those kind of shops always have a men's sections with a few splashes which include Brut, Benjamins Bay Rum, Denim and occasionally Florida Water.

... more a case of who stocks it than any deliberate strategy by Parfum Prestige.
True. The green can is sold everywhere (Superdrug, Boots, Wilko, most supermarkets and even some chemists). The rest are almost impossible to find in shops.

It does appear as though the green can (Brut Original) is the most popular variation. Whether or not it actually IS original, though, is a matter of debate...

Back
Top Bottom