Brush restoration

A client bought this old brush from Ebay recently and asked for it to be restored.
Thought the members here would like to see what eventually happens to a shaving brush :shock:
Pretty disgusting isnt it? But not for much longer :)
regards, beejay
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Attachments

• P1020959.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 87
  • P1020961.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 83
I hope it turns out well :oops: ;) it didn't cost alot for the brush and I just like the idea of if being refurbished and giving many more years of shaving pleasure

Looking forward to the end result :D

Steve

I am sure it will look great when done, if you can be bothered it would make an interesting writeup on how it is done, I have a few brushes that I like the handle but would prefer to change the knot on, just never done it before and scared of damaging it.

I get the principal, remove old know, Dremel or remove the existing glue and stick another in but it is interesting to see that brush with the knot chopped, you are well beyond the point of no return. I think the hardest part would be selecting the knot and setting it to the correct loft.

Nice work, will look forward to the end result.

sunburyboy93 said:
I hope it turns out well :oops: ;) it didn't cost alot for the brush and I just like the idea of if being refurbished and giving many more years of shaving pleasure

Looking forward to the end result :D

Steve

Hey, dont be embarrassed Steve, you bought it like that and besides most brushes end up looking like that eventually, except Fido's of course, cause hes got too many in his rotation :) .
Rest assured, it will be lovely when you get it back.

In response to Audiolab, I'll see about a write up for you.
regards, beejay

Back
Top Bottom