Brush of the day.

I like the idea of carving and whittling but I doubt I have either the talent or the patience. Maybe if I ever get to retire it'll be a nice thing to try. With the detail you've put in to that little chap I am surprised you haven't made a brush handle.

Yeah fair point about doing yourself a mischief while alone with a load of very sharp knives. I think the same about my SRs and kitchen knives, but I think although a cut throat at the neck is a hazardous occupation (at least until after the first coffee of the day), cutting wood does mean you build up a fair amount of pressure, which if the blade then slips is apt to cause pretty serious injury, which is not ideal if you're on your own.

Mind you I am also here alone most of the time and I did once try to do some fault finding on my immersion heater with a multimeter during Economy 7 hours, in a state of relative déshabillé let's say. I shorted L to earth and nearly gave myself a heart attack, then realised that if I had gone "brown to brown and blue to bits" nobody would've found me for days. Would have given the coroner a laugh I suppose. Won't do that again

Last edited:
there are safety gloves that can avoid injury but they are cumbersome to use.

It's the volts that jolt but the mils that kill.
Fuses out and one hand in pocket!