Brush Decapitation.

These posts are what make the shaving room great.

I can honestly say I have never heard a member of the clergy use the phrase: "Emma peel on my face" although it would make the midnight mass far more entertaining!

Re the actual post topic, I haven't ever had to salvage both handle and knot, instead resorting to destruction of handle in order to reduce the brush to parts. I've used a chisel or hammer to split the handle- obviously this will vary dependant on glue etc...

... and if you all think that brush handle is feminine, I've just finished off a new imitation ivory brush that may raise a few eyebrows....

Hahahah :lol:

No not quite! I was actually being genuinely subtle - It's a 'Jessica Rabbit' style brush, not something vulgar.... and if someone continues Henk's train of thought I shall be un-subscribing from this post! :lol:

On a similar note, this features every now and then on a couple of guitar forums:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.carverdoug.com/wang.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.carverdoug.com/wang.html</a><!-- m --> genius!

Here we go:

4208554785_5c9911c755.jpg

Still needs a little bit of work round the base - the photo could have been a little better too!

The knot isn't set as I can't decide whether to put a two band in (pictured) or a silvertip to give the lovely blooming effect.

neocaligatio said:
Here we go:

4208554785_5c9911c755.jpg

Still needs a little bit of work round the base - the photo could have been a little better too!

The knot isn't set as I can't decide whether to put a two band in (pictured) or a silvertip to give the lovely blooming effect.

That handle is asking for a floppy silvertip bloom. And then it's asking to be posted to me.

neocaligatio said:
SirPrize - have you taken the plunge yet?
Did that years ago :eek: .
As to the handle, it will shortly receive the knot from a Body Shop Synthetic - (great brush, crap handle).
Essentially, I intend to just whack the handle with a large mallet in the hope of splitting it cleanly and using the knot as a donor - I will post pictures when the operation is complete.

Back
Top Bottom