Britain's Got Talent

A few weeks ago I accidentally caught the turgid National Lottery WHO DARES WINS. I watched a round of it in mounting horror. I watched another round to confirm that it really was as bad as I'd feared. I've not watched it since. It really is an insult to the intelligence that programme.

moodymick said:
Problem with Amanda Holden is she's had so much botox, you could take a dump in her handbag and she still wouldn't / couldn't looked pissed at you :eek:

oh yeah, an' apparently you can still smell Les Dennis on her!
So what does a "Les" smell of then?

I am planning to give the whole reality/talent/celeb thing a miss this year, I knew this was coming on at the weekend but kept quiet hoping that that the rest of the family wouldn't notice, and it would fly under the radar.

Unfortunately the kids got wind of it, and on it went. So I retired to my mancave to wait until it was over.

I was drawn back in by the kids laughter coming from across the hall and watched a bit of it. Now I feel dirty (and not because of my impure thoughts about Amanda Holden). It's a tired formula that has run its course. Lots of deluded people lining up to be laughed at.
It's is a little better than X Factor because of the range of acts, but not by much. If I'm around next week, I'll stick on some headphones and hide.

I agree Smelly. It's the TV equivalent of Junk (or Drug as it should be called) Food. It keeps you going with highs and lows but never fully satisfies. I started watching it half way through and found it hard to turn it off. Will exercise more self-control from now on. I do like the snooker so that will do me for the next couple of weeks! :roll:

I'm going to be the voice of reason for a change...I hate these programs with a passion because they are just plain exploitative for both the viewer and contestant. The rest of my household mostly love this shit but these programs aren't really for us i.e fella's of a certain age although I do find myself sticking around to watch Snog Marry Avoid. :lol:

antdad said:
... although I do find myself sticking around to watch Snog Marry Avoid. :lol:

SWMBO had this on the other night....... a lass who likes to dress as an injured minnie mouse?!?

30 mins of my life I'll never get back........ unlike all the hours I spend on here ;)

andyjreid said:
antdad said:
... although I do find myself sticking around to watch Snog Marry Avoid. :lol:

SWMBO had this on the other night....... a lass who likes to dress as an injured minnie mouse?!?

30 mins of my life I'll never get back........ unlike all the hours I spend on here ;)

Yeah, it is shite but I consider it a public service.

Back
Top Bottom