Brazilian Gillette Super Stainless Platinum

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
Alright Guys i managed to get these blades today in Brazil and a huge thank you to @Bogeyman for giving me the low down.
I haven’t seen these before.
i do have a question for the guys on here that know there blades.
Are these blades the same as we’ve tried in the past with a different package or do you think they will be a different blade ?
i know it’s probably difficult to tell but is there another Platinum coated Gillette that i could possibly compare ??.
Any info would be good
Cheers
Mike
19818D47-4620-4B35-8850-D56AE9204616.png

I've only seen these once before when Bogeyman showed the same image.
I would imagine a re-package?
Russia, India and China do the current Platinums and their variations. Vietnam may also but not sure on that one.
Not much help I know.

Alright Guys i managed to get these blades today in Brazil and a huge thank you to @Bogeyman for giving me the low down.
I haven’t seen these before.
i do have a question for the guys on here that know there blades.
Are these blades the same as we’ve tried in the past with a different package or do you think they will be a different blade ?
i know it’s probably difficult to tell but is there another Platinum coated Gillette that i could possibly compare ??.
Any info would be good
Cheers
Mike
View attachment 100228
Great find Mike, be sure to tell us what you think about them. :)

Paul.

No mate
that’s the 3rd time iv went.
Don’t get me wrong it’s ok or should i say acceptable but definitely not as good as me.
but i still enjoy going
you get a proper head massage as well which is good.
A proper pampering
I've never had someone shave me, I think it's because I doubt it would be as good a shave that I can give myself but the head massage sound's good.
There is a Turkish barbershop quite close to me, I should pop in and see what they do!

Paul.

I've never had someone shave me, I think it's because I doubt it would be as good a shave that I can give myself but the head massage sound's good.
There is a Turkish barbershop quite close to me, I should pop in and see what they do!

Paul.
I've only ever been shaved by someone else once. Truefit and Hill. Ended up cut, with razor burn and blood on my shirt.

Never again.

Paul.
Yeah go for it Paul it’s certainly an experience
The next time i’m in London i want to go to
Geo F Trumper for a shave
again i don’t think it will be as good as i do it but it’s all about the experience.
The Gentleman’s Groom Room in Dundee also do shaves and i’m embarrassed to say iv never been.
iv been in the shop a few times but never for a shave
i need to change that

These would be an obvious benchmark (either Thai or Vietnam packaging) as they are a platinum blade made in the same Shanghai factory:

IMG_20210105_144137_300x300.jpg

PS: Get the locally made Wilkies. Top tier in my experience

These would be an obvious benchmark (either Thai or Vietnam packaging) as they are a platinum blade made in the same Shanghai factory:

IMG_20210105_144137_300x300.jpg

PS: Get the locally made Wilkies. Top tier in my experience
How Could i forget about these blades they are actually my favourite at the moment.
i wonder if they are actually thinner than a standard blade.

I think i might just about have enough Wilkies ;)
BBF06789-5F7A-4DA4-98AD-8C404467C2BD.jpeg

How Could i forget about these blades they are actually my favourite at the moment.
i wonder if they are actually thinner than a standard blade.

I think i might just about have enough Wilkies ;)

Back in the day of carbon steel blades they were indeed thinner, but now it's just a brand name that's been retained as it has a bit of kudos.

This is the Columbian version;

1675725949088.png

Factory now unfortunately closed

Back
Top Bottom