Brand new DE razor £1.93 (+£1.23 P&P)

I thought the Red Handle was something like a rubber sheath that you slid over it.....then you could chop and change handles like Nokia Cases.

have you tried this beauty yet Brucie ? how does it shave ?

Handles.jpg

AJP said:
antdad said:
Shurely shum mistake, this razor needs a warning...

***For shavers with advanced technique only***

Is this one a bit of an animal then?

Bruce has stated that you need superior technique to use a lighter razor so that counts me out.

Like Bruce without trying it myself or passing off dated reviews as recommendations I'd say this razor was more skunk than stallion...as we've come to expect the price might be tempting but in the end you will be wasting your money. If you want plastic and light weight for travel say the Wilkinson Sword Plastic D.E will be better engineered or the ubiquitous Feather portable will be better options for a few extra pounds.

Leisure Guy also stated that...
"One thing I noticed immediately: as you tighten the head, you must be careful that the blade stays straight—careless tightening results in a blade unevenly exposed. But if you press down on the top as you tighten, you can keep the blade straight."
:shock:

So why bother, a single or twin edge disposable razor is even cheaper and will give you a better shave, you are going to bin it anyway.

Bruceonshaving said:
antdad said:
So why bother, a single or twin edge disposable razor is even cheaper and will give you a better shave, you are going to bin it anyway.

How do you know this?

Prejudice or clairvoyance?

Leisure Guy also stated that...
"One thing I noticed immediately: as you tighten the head, you must be careful that the blade stays straight—careless tightening results in a blade unevenly exposed. But if you press down on the top as you tighten, you can keep the blade straight."

i personally would not want to be fiddling around on a dirt cheap razor making sure the Blade is straight, i would end up throwing it away if it was like that, i would rather spend more on a quality item and feel confident that i was going to get a good shave.

Like Antdad says, there are far better alternatives that wont break the bank....

True sellotape afficianados would be aware of the potential to secure the top portion of the shaving head to the lower with a longitudinal strip extending from edge to edge. Thus ensuring secure blade mounting & adding to the erotic thrill of the Sellotape enhanced razor.

JohnnyO. :!:

JohnnyO said:
True sellotape afficianados would be aware of the potential to secure the top portion of the shaving head to the lower with a longitudinal strip extending from edge to edge. Thus ensuring secure blade mounting & adding to the erotic thrill of the Sellotape enhanced razor.

JohnnyO. :!:

I got a tingle in the trouser region reading that !!!! stop it JohnnyO !!

To my shame.... I have thoroughly enjoyed this :oops: . Personally I quite enjoy getting the pish ripped from me and responding likewise, bearing in mind I'm the hardest, most macho, bestest fighter on this forum (See Bluebeards revenge post) And definitely not the ugliest guy on this forum (See Pigcats former avatars!)
Anybody wants to argue, bikesheds, half three, square go!. (Would make it sooner bit I'm testing LOccitane's Anti-fatigue till then, so no hitting on the face)

Have also enjoyed the Sellotape thing, Sticky perhaps? :oops:

Laters

Twice the price, but half the problems.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Razor-Double-Edge-Razor-with-5-Blades_12442/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Razor-Dou ... des_12442/</a><!-- m -->

And fairly local.

Bruceonshaving said:
antdad said:

How do you know this?

Prejudice or clairvoyance?

Call it experience based on instinct...actually of all the products I do mention as an alternative I have tried yep you guessed it all of them.

I do however demonstrate extreme prejudice towards those that peddle and recycle information for their own gain as well as exhibit no original thoughts of their own.

As a clairvoyant I can foresee the future........and it involves many requests....... B.....A.....N.....H....I....M.....Banhim?

What could it mean?

rangers62 said:
To my shame.... I have thoroughly enjoyed this :oops: . Personally I quite enjoy getting the pish ripped from me and responding likewise, bearing in mind I'm the hardest, most macho, bestest fighter on this forum (See Bluebeards revenge post) And definitely not the ugliest guy on this forum (See Pigcats former avatars!)
Anybody wants to argue, bikesheds, half three, square go!. (Would make it sooner bit I'm testing LOccitane's Anti-fatigue till then, so no hitting on the face)

Have also enjoyed the Sellotape thing, Sticky perhaps? :oops:

Laters

See you there...

Gripper Stebson

Bruceonshaving said:
RB73 said:
Twice the price, but half the problems.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Razor-Double-Edge-Razor-with-5-Blades_12442/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Razor-Dou ... des_12442/</a><!-- m -->

And fairly local.

Well it is nice to know that you have gone to the trouble of extensively using both these razors before jumping to conclusions.

Brucie, Perhaps you can buy every single obscure and questionable quality Razor ever made and spend the next year or so doing thorough testing on them, film yourself using them and upload to YouTube, perhaps fly out to the various countries and watch them being made and then let us know how you got on, or better still just post it all on your blog and we can read it at our leisure sometime next year....?

I’m only suggesting this because I don't think any of us can see the benefits of these razors you are bringing to our attention, perhaps it's ignorance but I think it's more like common sense.

sunburyboy93 said:
Perhaps you can buy every single obscure and questionable quality Razor ever made and spend the next year or so doing thorough testing on them, film yourself using them and upload to YouTube, perhaps fly out to the various countries and watch them being made and then let us know how you got on <snipped> ...

Actually ...

• (is that more thumping of foreheads bouncing off of desktops I hear?)[/list:u]

... I love this idea and think it would be a really really cool sort of job; to get paid to do just that sort of thing.
      • ... except for the filming and being shown on you-tube.
          • ... and the extensive, and constant travelling all the time.
              • ... and actually making the reports.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

... otherwise, it's a totally faboo thang!

Back
Top Bottom