BP

Just been catching up on developments in the Gulf of Mexico, no end in sight sadly.
Plus of course the damage its caused to share values and pension funds!
How long would give BP boss Tony (aka Slick) Hayward ?
I think he'll be lucky to see the month out.
regards,beejay

Sad thing is this could have pretty much been any oil company in this absolute cluster fcuk - the financial loss is already incredible for BP and the folks who live and work on the affected coastlines.

All for the quest of 'black gold'

You never know - it could help push alternate fuels. US has been hit hard by this and Obama has a huge interest in doing the right thing - Arnie has already gone from "drill and profit" to "get orf moy land" attitude.

What's happening is the worst, but I hope that lessons are learned and that the world wakes up to the fact that the black stuff shouldn't be as important as the corporations like to make us believe it is.

Having just come back from Florida, i know the mood ive been seeing down there is bleak.
The local news casts are absolutely saturated with coverage, and the fact that BP is currently rolling from Failed attempt to Failed attempt.

The other thing i overheard was a group talking about the rapid retreat of the "Drill, baby, drill" Lobby ... no surprise there.

I suspect the U.S would like to nuke Cuba into rubble to create a "natural" barrier, the nuclear fallout would then create a giant hurricane that would suck up the Gulf of Mexico and dump it on Columbia thereby solving three problems at once. Easy.

Interesting turn of events, as usual I suppose, in that after the initial shock horror of such disasters and the ensuing press media frenzy some uncomfortable truths are now emerging.

Especially after Obama, and his upper echelons have been making a big point of constantly naming it as a BRITISH PETROLEUM disaster. Instead of BEYOND PETROLEUM which is the correct name.

Was under the impression that since the British government had sold all interest in BP by 87/88 and the Amoco merger, they had dropped British petroleum brand as the main slogan and relegated it to a sub division.

hunnymonster said:
Did they not change their name to simply "BP plc" like the slowly unfolding economic disaster for the country-at-large that is BT?

:lol:

A veiled snipe, that even though they have a new president they still seem able to bash the Brit.

Although got to give Hollywood its due, they seem to have moved on from every villain having a British accent... :roll:

Hollywood seeming to have more clout than the white house.

No disrespect intended to our American cousins as a whole. ;)

I saw this and it made me laugh

129198884038926871.jpg

I see that the US has finally mastered the automobile powered by water alone ...

... only catch is that it only works with water from the Gulf of Mexico!

It is quite bizzare, but why after creating the biggest natural disaster since humans and then post it on the web ...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/homepage/STAGING/local_assets/bp_homepage/html/rov_stream.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_interne ... tream.html</a><!-- m -->

My first employer was the Trustee Savings Bank, which shortly after changed it's name to TSB Bank. we had all these old dears walking in saying 'are we now with the Trustee Savings Bank Bank?' Er.... no love, it's just TSB Bank now! How my mates over at 'Williams & Glynn' (if anyone remembers them?) took the piss - oh what wags we were!

Back
Top Bottom