Bowl

I have always face lathered but have started to think about using a bowl.

I have use Palmolive classic cream and a very soft synthetic brush.

Will the brush be OK for bowl lathering?

Any tips for the type of bowl, I was thinking along the lines of compact and unbreakable

A (mere) 110 DE safety razor shaves in, the best bowl I have used (and it is my go-to bowl) is this.

It will lather almost anything, and with minimal effort too.

I sourced it in UK and Europe, so it's available there also.

$6.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 03_03_2024 , 17_57_22.png
    Screenshot - 03_03_2024 , 17_57_22.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 0
Yep! Both cream and brush are fine for bowl lathering. Any bowl will do - when I started, I simply used a cereal bowl. But, yes, ceramic in the bathroom with slippery soap can be a recipe for disaster and so something unbreakable. I have seen folks talk of those collapsable rubberised bowls with the striations being good for whipping up lather ... dunno, I'm a face latherer (too) now.

Screen Shot 2024-03-03 at 17.02.04 pm.png

Yep! Both cream and brush are fine for bowl lathering. Any bowl will do - when I started, I simply used a cereal bowl. But, yes, ceramic in the bathroom with slippery soap can be a recipe for disaster and so something unbreakable. I have seen folks talk of those collapsable rubberised bowls with the striations being good for whipping up lather ... dunno, I'm a face latherer (too) now.

View attachment 117755
Thank you

They look like the sort of thing.

Did you go from bowl to face lathering?

Anything that doesn’t smash when you drop it… plastic or metal. At the cheaper end, children’s plastic cereal bowls or a cut down yoghurt carton. At the other end a stainless steel bowl. For years my fave was an NHS plastic tub thet my father-in-law used to soak his false teeth in. Recently treated myself to a stainless steel bowl… which you could also use to soak false teeth in.

Anything that doesn’t smash when you drop it… plastic or metal. At the cheaper end, children’s plastic cereal bowls or a cut down yoghurt carton. At the other end a stainless steel bowl. For years my fave was an NHS plastic tub thet my father-in-law used to soak his false teeth in. Recently treated myself to a stainless steel bowl… which you could also use to soak false teeth in.

I still have a few of my own teeth, nicotine stained and filled, a nice bowl would be a good investment for the day I need to soak the gnashers.

Thanks for great advice both dental and shaving

Back
Top Bottom