Body Shop Maca root

I'm a bit late to this, saw it mentioned a few times but thought nothing of it since I've had an aversion to the place since the eighties.

However I'm really surprised how good it is (scent not withstanding which is distinctly Body Shop but not unpleasant).

Its definitely lush, as school kids say nowadays while I grind my teeth.

Another recommendation from me. I managed to get some samples, and have used it for a couple of days - a really nice, slick lather. Well worth buying, in my opinion. The scent isn't anything special, but it's not offensive either - for the quality of the cream, I can easily live with it.

Their Razor Burn Relief gel is very good, as well.

Regards

Ian

Heads up - 20% off and free delivery on orders over £15 here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/thebodyshop.co.uk?v=5&ph=ab501972&gclid=CP-l3PnHxqQCFU1h4wodm24LTw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/thebodysh ... 4wodm24LTw</a><!-- m -->

Free delivery works if your order is > £15 before the discount. Offer expires 14 October.

Regards

Ian

I have to agree it is a nice cream, surprisingly nice, it is not that I expected it to be crap it is just I would not normally associate great shaving cream with Body Shop, but shows you we can all be wring.

It is really handy and easy to pick up anywhere, I got a sample and enjoyed it a lot but not brought myself to buy a tub yet. For me there are other creams that it out of the front line, I prefer the Coates some of the T&H or TOBS these have the same performance with nicer scent.

Still if someone were to buy me a tub at Christmas (start dropping hint to missus) I would not be disappointed.

After I bought a tub earlier in the year & realised just how good it is (it's the slipperiest cream I own!), I was lucky to find a 3-for-2 offer AND a money-off voucher so effectively got three more tubs for the price of one.

Result!

It's the most-used cream I own (and the first tub is getting low); I'd forgotten about it for a while but it's been back in use again during the last few weeks. Yesterday I bought the Maca Root Razor Relief - it's like a super-balm and on first use tonight it seems to be VERY good indeed. Soothing, moisturising and instantly effective in making my post-shave skin feel great.

I only had a sample.

Comparing them side by side do you think this is better then the 3T's? or the usual big names. Sometimes I think samples are deceiving as I tend to use too much. With so many endorsements (from here and other places) I shall flutter my eyebrows and obtain another sample and have a shave with it back to back with another favourite cream.

Martin - it's not better, it's just different.

Rose, almond, sandalwood, you can find just about in any of the 3 T's. The Maca Root is just different; a nice, fresh and kind of exotic scent, without being overpowering.
It lathers abundantly, the price is ok, so what else does one need?

I think its definitely up there for efficacy and slickness, definitely. It's just the scent that is typical Body Shop which is neither love or hate but pleasant enough.

Did I read correctly that this is the same as RSC?

I see, thanks. Was just from memory I remember it being good but not blow me away type of good, thought I missed out on something there. I find my taste in scents chance through the year, still worth getting another sample.

This and Body Shop Original (no longer available) are my favourite creams.

I like both scents. Maca Root smells of soap and fresh laundry and Original smells of soap and ripe bananas. Neither last long enough to interfere with fragrance but give a pleasant bathroom soapy smell while shaving.

Both lather up a storm and are as slippery as an eel. I'd say the Body Shop stuff is much better performance than any of the higher end creams I've tried - thicker, denser, slicker lather and the cream isn't fussy with it's 'sweet spot' as far as how much water you need to add to make the lather. Seems impossible to cock it up. Under a fiver for a 200ml tub when you buy 3 for 2 makes it much better value as well.

antdad said:
I think its definitely up there for efficacy and slickness, definitely. It's just the scent that is typical Body Shop which is neither love or hate but pleasant enough.

Did I read correctly that this is the same as RSC?

The body shop original (discontinued) was exactly the same as the RSC Shave2 cream.

Only the stickers were different. I dunno if you can get the RSC stuff in the tubs anymore though.

Well, I jumped on the bandwagon at the weekend and picked up a sample

I found the scent non-descript to be honest, but the performance was pretty good actually. At £8 for 200ml (standard price), it is pretty good value too.

That said, although i was going to buy some this weekend, i may hold off, send in Mrs M to pick me up another sample (just in case they recognise me) and wait for the next multi-buy %age discount thang! :)

Just purchased some of this, hopeing to try it tonight. While i was in the shop i picked up one of their shaving brushes as well, only £5.50. Lets just say i don't think it will make it into Fido's display cabinet :lol:

Back
Top Bottom