Bodger or Bore?

Bodger - certainly - I am one of these people who are always repairing stuff rather than throw it away (and buy another one).
Anything, that is, that does not contain electrical wiring - that sort of stuff is best left to the professionals!
Bore? - try me! any subject you want - "I'll play the orator as well as Nestor" and can cause a person's eyes to glaze over in minutes!
In fact whilst I am at it ............

badgerbodge.jpg

Actually, my hair is going badger these days. :shock:

And to answer the original question, I am a mix of bodger and bore. Mainly bodger though, as my DIY skills are pretty appalling.

SirPrize said:
Anything, that is, that does not contain electrical wiring - that sort of stuff is best left to the professionals!

Please tell me how to locate a professional domestic electrician - as someone with a reasonable degree in Electrical Engineering & Electronics from a well-regarded institution, C&G in IEE wiring regulations 16th &17th editions, 20 years practical experience - I'm not allowed to rewire anything other than plug these days thanks to ridiculous government intervention - I've yet to encounter a professional (on a professional basis) that I'd allow to plug the plug in never mind rewire my house or add a socket or similar.

Interesting that when my parents' house was rewired "professionally" (by an "officially competent" person) that it was done in such a fashion as to be left in a dangerous state - thanks to a practice common amongst those in the trade to not do the terminal screws up sufficiently (if at all) - so serious arcing occurs under heavy load, generates heat and potentially fire.

The redress process was not simple or straightforward - eventually it was resolved...

Back
Top Bottom