Boar brushes and heat

I’m really struggling to get these to dry, would placing them on a warm (not hot) radiator really kill them? If so, how about an airing cupboard? Thanks.

Do you give it a dry on a towel after using it?
Not only can this aid in the drying time but it also helps to break it in and become softer over time.*

*this is just my opinion, others here on the forum may ask me to be banished for suggesting such a thing.
Yep! I Think Boycie might be on to something in respect of air movement

After I use one of my boar brushes this is what I do.

After running the brush under the tap to clean it, I squeeze out all the excess water then dry it on my towel. Then I put the brush on a window sill which is near a radiator.

By the following morning the brush is dry.

Reactions: CjH
Yep! I Think Boycie might be on to something in respect of air movement

poodfan.gif

After posting in this thread I checked on the Omega 10075 I used today, which is a smaller boar brush with a 22mm/48mm knot if my memory serves me right.

I think I shaved at around midday, then dried my brush with the towel after shaving then put it on a sunny window sill. Around 7 or so hours after shaving I'd say the brush is 90-95% dry. No central heating or even that a sunny a window sill, but it has dried well enough.

I guess a large part of the equation would be that different people's living spaces vary so much in term's of temperature, humidity and air movement.

@Dickie , you say you're struggling to get them to dry, how long is it taking?

You mentioned Boycie's comment on air movement which is important. How about humidity as well? If they're somewhere humid that'll really hinder drying.

Back
Top Bottom