Blumin HECK

Has anyone had any issues with quality control of Super Iridiums? I ask because the Merkur 34C plus Super Iridium has been my go-to combination for a while now, giving me brilliant results. Then all of a sudden this latest pack of Super Iridiums is playing merry hell with my face. They feel like fecking Derbys.

The only other thing I'm doing different is I've not been using that Proraso pre-shave cream - perhaps it does make a difference after all?

I have had the opposite. My current blade has done 6 three pass shaves & is on course to start tomorrows shave. They have been quite reliable at 3-4 great shaves for me.

Maybe it is the Proraso.

Dave,

I've been using the Castle Forbes pre-shave, and despite my opinions before trying it, it DOES make a difference for me.

Ian

Well, there's always the chance of a dud batch of blades, or a dud batch of most anything.

... even a dud batch of duds.

It might just be a couple of blades in the pack, the whole pack or an entire batch. However, I hope your duds are just the few blades you've had so far.

I know you're all hanging on my response with baited breath.

Applied Proraso pre-shave tonight, then shaved with the same blade (now on its second day) and razor and soap as last night. The result?

Cast aside your worries, Arrowhead! Fret no more! The Super Iridiums are fine. Had a damn near perfect shave tonight.

It's that pre-shave cream. I didn't think it did anything but make my face tingle, obviously it's doing something to my bristles even though I wash it off before I apply the lather. I wanted to wean myself off it because (a) Paul only has the 100ml jars at the moment, not the 500ml, and the 500ml were so much better value for money, and (b) I wanted one less jar to carry around Canada with me next month.

No matter, if it affects my shave this month, I'll carry on using it. Top stuff, I feel so much better about myself now.

I can't comment on the Proraso as I have not tried it, but the Castle Forbes does improve my shaves. It's not that I can't shave without it, but it's just better with it.

I have only tried it with creams, not soaps, but I don't see this should make a difference, but my last 2 shaves, are the best I have had with my Futur. Had those "I can hear it cutting but can't feel it cutting" experiences, which is very nice.

Ian

antdad said:
I haven't tried it but do you think this pre shave product makes that much difference?
What can I say? I stopped using it for a few days and my go-to shave system became like trying to shave with a week-old Merkur blade. The night I start using it again the shave was 95% perfect (always room for improvement). I didn't think it was making a difference, but it seems to be.

cheese_dave said:
antdad said:
I haven't tried it but do you think this pre shave product makes that much difference?
What can I say? I stopped using it for a few days and my go-to shave system became like trying to shave with a week-old Merkur blade. The night I start using it again the shave was 95% perfect (always room for improvement). I didn't think it was making a difference, but it seems to be.

Bugger, was hoping for a large amount of iridium’s to go out at a reduced rate... ;)

Good to hear it was only down to your prep, or change of.

Have you always incorporated a pre-shave product in your routine?

RB73 said:
I never used to with the old cartridge, but when I started DE shaving I did soon after I started. Can't remember what made me start actually - probably just something else for me to buy, you know how it is.

cheese_dave said:
RB73 said:
I never used to with the old cartridge, but when I started DE shaving I did soon after I started. Can't remember what made me start actually - probably just something else for me to buy, you know how it is.

Have you found the pre-shave cream more affective in use than say something like the T&H oil, or Trumpers gloop... :?:

I've not used T&H oil, by gloop do you mean the skin food? Actually I've never used anything else as a pre-shave, so I don't know.

I've just had my second shave with re-instated Proraso, Super Iridium on it's third (and for me, last) day*, and again it was top notch. That's all the proof I need.

Of course now I'm going to have to buy some T&H oil, just to see...

*I mean that's the last day I'm going to use that blade, not that it's my last day. What if I died tonight, that'd be a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom