Blades for a Muhle R89?

Sadly have been away for quite a while but although i don't manage to login i have still managed to pop in every now and again to keep up with life here,

I have finished my batch of red IP's and am trying to find a new blade as these seem to becoming a bit scarce,
Sadly i can't be arsed trying the pleasures of a sample pack so i was hoping to rely on
the people here choice of favorite blades,
at the moment i have been using some 7oclock sharpedges,sadly these don't
seem to be as smooth as the IP's,
I have seen supermax blades mentioned and also the super thins seem popular,

The IP's seemed to work well with the Muhle and my technique which is down up and across and everyway :shave :D

I haven't used your razor but I like the Supermaxes - they are smooth and a good all-rounder, and very cheap.
Everbody's experiences are different, but the smoothest blades I've used are Bolsano Superinox and Timors. Neither of these are particularly cheap, but they both offer very good sharpness too in my opinion.

Gillette Superthins and Bleues are also a favourite on here and I've tried both and can say they're very smooth and sharp, although I find the first shave tends to be a little rougher than the next few.

Hope that helps.

The list of opinions would be like a multitude of different brand recommendations, which is a little like a sample pack but with words, You’d be better served with a sample pack with actual blades. ;)

Gillette Bleue's NOS
Super Thin
Sharks, both SS & SP
Astra's

Oshi said:
I have finished my batch of red IP's and am trying to find a new blade as these seem to becoming a bit scarce,

at the moment i have been using some 7oclock sharpedges,sadly these don't
seem to be as smooth as the IP's,

Hi there,

Sounds like you would prefer a milder blade, based on your observations of those two blades you mentioned using. I might recommend trying the Crystal blades, also known as the Israeli Personna (IP). I will sometimes use those in my more aggressive razors to calm things down, and they're very popular with other members. The Crystal is a smooth and forgiving blade, and not an expensive one either. Oh, this is not the same blade as a Red Personna.

Martin

Oshi said:
...Sadly i can't be arsed trying the pleasures of a sample pack so i was hoping to rely on
the people here choice of favorite blades...
Blades said:
try a sample pack and go from there I would say..Blades

Please read OP before replying...

Oshi, personally I like the Supermax (brown packet) and the Gillette superthins myself, but I don't have a R89.
(but they work well in all the razors I've had, and that's saying something ;) )

Max

FrenchBlade said:
Oshi said:
...Sadly i can't be arsed trying the pleasures of a sample pack so i was hoping to rely on
the people here choice of favorite blades...

Oshi, if you cant be arsed trying a sampler your defeating the object of finding the blade that suites you. We can recommend 15-20 different blade types but you'd be non the wiser without trying, the sample packs are pretty much a prerequisite. Otherwise your constantly buying blind. Good luck with the hunt fella.

Blades said:
try a sample pack and go from there I would say..Blades

Please read OP before replying...

Oshi, personally I like the Supermax (brown packet) and the Gillette superthins myself, but I don't have a R89.
(but they work well in all the razors I've had, and that's saying something ;) )

Max

sadly the red personna's seem to be drying up retail wise,a couple of places I've dealt with have
no stock and also seems that connaught is also without stock,does anybody know how much milder the supermax (Blue) are as there seem to be good deals available on ebay with these.

Don't think i'd like to try the feathers every day either :shock:

No live a lot more north than that,between aber and machynlleth

Back
Top Bottom