Blade life - different razors?

Hi

I'm on shave 5 with a Red Personna in the Futur and its still going strong I'd say there's probably another shave in it if not more. Previously when using the EJ it seemed to be done after 3 shaves.

Now is this all in my mind or can the choice of razor impact on blade life?

BTW no hand stropping etc to increase blade like.

I reckon it's possible due to different blade angle in different razors.

I would have thought you would have experienced the opposite though - more aggressive razor = shorter blade life!

I'm no scientist so please step in someone more knowledgeable!

Its possible i suppose, but id wager that differences in blade life are mostly down to quality of the blade / defects in production / Care taken with the blade.

I did notice this phenomenon when going through the blade sampler packs. I have a spreadsheet that shows me I got 6 excellent shaves from some blades but it was not consistent. In the end I decided that 3 was optimal and with the exception of Feathers and Swedes I bin after the third shave.

Perhaps you got an "A Shift" box.

Ok I've done shave 7 with this Red Personna and its still going strong, :?

Clearly I may just have gotten lucky with this blade but another thought is whether the more aggressive setting on the Futur (4) is compensating for the dulling of the blade as well?

Do you mean they shave their bum?, or that they have wispy hair on their face? Not sure if I am missing out on a bum shaving sub group operating in TSR. Hopefully it is the latter because I don't want to be a bum shaver.

Audiolab said:
Do you mean they shave their bum?, or that they have wispy hair on their face? Not sure if I am missing out on a bum shaving sub group operating in TSR. Hopefully it is the latter because I don't want to be a bum shaver.

coming soon to SOTD ?

Back
Top Bottom