Blackland Vector opinions.

Well they are on their way and I look forward to seeing how they perform.
Tbh the first thing that drew me to the Vector was the fact a few people use it to head shave and I am always looking for a razor that can do all plus it does look nice, that being said if it cannot compete with my Hawk v3 and Mongoose then it won't be staying long with me, I will point out I don't head shave with either of the above.
The Stando rod I had never heard off before so that's a complete roll of the dice but it does have very positive reviews as always MMMV.
I already have a thorn coming that I brought before all this but that's because I wanted to complete the Leaf family of razors and sometimes the twig just wasn't quite doing it.

I can't see me buying anymore AC razors now, so it should kill my RAD completely.
Great input everyone appreciate it, if nothing else I will have plenty of S.O.T.D posts coming as I dial into them all and the wife will get to rub my face a lot whilst giving me her opinion ha ha

I look forward to your opinions on these razors as I am looking for the ONE.
I am new to the SE world and I have been using a Excalibur for the past 4 weeks and been getting excellent shaves with it but I want to get a stainless steel one.I am looking for one just a little bit more aggressive than the Excalibur.

I look forward to your opinions on these razors as I am looking for the ONE.
I am new to the SE world and I have been using a Excalibur for the past 4 weeks and been getting excellent shaves with it but I want to get a stainless steel one.I am looking for one just a little bit more aggressive than the Excalibur.
I can tell you right now that if you get the Hawk v3 and all 3 plates you won't be disappointed, as they go from the thrill of driving a Prius to riding the worlds tallest roller coaster.
It's not perfect but for the price point it is fantastic and a great point of reference on what you might be trying to end up with.
It was my one razor for a long time.
I will indeed let you know if the new razors change my opinion, I am super excited to find out.

I just want to add that you should pick up an Eveready 1912, dirt cheap looks lovely and I have never had a bad shave from it.

I have the Razorock hawk V3 and it's a good option for daily shaves and lacks a bit of efficiency. After reading that Vector is a bit aggressive and that my friend told me the same I had a suspicion that it would be aggressive for me too. I spent almost a month exclusively shaving with it daily and to my surprise it wasn't that aggressive and found it really good for daily shave. I've been using it with Schick proline, Feather ProGuard and professional. It does require a bit of awareness but never failed to deliver smooth and close shave. Now I'm intrigued with brass Shield razor as I have read that it is even better shaver than the vector and also abovementioned Stando Rod.
Just a brief follow on from your question the other day on the Shield Brass vs Vector. Switched out the ProGuard for the super pro, obviously not the smoothest on the first run but very good, no nicks and very close finish.

At the moment I be hard pressed to say that the Shield is 'better', there's something that feels slightly different, but it's possibly on par. For the sake of £48 delivered I'm certainly not disappointed. I still need some more face time to really judge and maybe a side by side so I'll run it for a few days and call it out in a SOTD.

Just a brief follow on from your question the other day on the Shield Brass vs Vector. Switched out the ProGuard for the super pro, obviously not the smoothest on the first run but very good, no nicks and very close finish.

At the moment I be hard pressed to say that the Shield is 'better', there's something that feels slightly different, but it's possibly on par. For the sake of £48 delivered I'm certainly not disappointed. I still need some more face time to really judge and maybe a side by side so I'll run it for a few days and call it out in a SOTD.
Thanks

I have the Vector and the Hawk v3 A plate.
I think the Vector is a little smoother, but only if I pair it with a Ikon OSS handle which makes it a little heavier. It doesn't feel that good on the stock handle.

To be fair, I could sell them both and stick with the Blackbird. I don't think I would miss them.

I do miss my King Cobra though.

Back
Top Bottom