Birth Year Razors - sought & available

What's another year or two, gave up on Z2 and settled for X4 :)
There's quite a few differences. Square baseplate (changed over in Y3) instead of diamond, for one, and they switched to a waffle style knurling in 1979.
Here's a photo of what your birth year razor would look like.
1985%20(F2)%20black%20handle%20Super-Speed.jpg

Of course, now I feel like I've kicked a puppy. You are probably right, close enough is good enough.

Y1 SuperSpeed available (if you want to close up on Z, @Nisse). That is actually my correct birth year and quarter, but I also have an adjustable Y1.

I also have an F3 [1960] FatBoy.

I am old: Z2 = 1954
Oh man. That was a fantastic year for razors.
That was the first year of the flare tip super speed production, and the last hurrah of the 40's style super speed with the Z3 and Z4 TV special. You also have the Milord, Diplomat, and President razors.

I actually have a cased Z3 flare tip in beautiful condition. I know it's not your birth quarter, but it is your birth year. PM me a reasonable offer, and it's yours.
IMG_20160407_113639_zpsr20fvabk.jpg

IMG_20160407_113712_zpsjsvbngp6.jpg

IMG_20160407_125844_zpsvtsqat5p.jpg

IMG_20160407_113856_zpseh0eumzk.jpg

IMG_20160407_114045_zps6cnw12j0.jpg

IMG_20160407_113952_zpsd5ru5xwg.jpg

IMG_20160407_114121_zps4vsq7mbn.jpg

PLANofMAN that is a beautiful collector's razor although I am looking for something more in line with my old geezer personality ie cheap but with a rustic charm.

I am old: Z2 = 1954

Hi geezer,

Best I have is a gold Tech dated Z4. It's in good shape overall and would make a fine daily shaver. This is the thin handle and slightly heavier ball end version with the etched diamond pattern on the head. Gold's fading in some spots but not bad at all.

Shipping runs about $15 from Chi Town so $25 will be the total. No problem if you wanna skip the offer....just thought to mention it.

Martin

I was born in '62 and at no point was I further away from shaving, I suppose I was 14 years away from having to get rid of some "bum fluff". I wonder what this fascination is with Birth Year razors? I'm not knocking it but are there people out there looking for Birth Year cars/motorbikes etc? If I try to think about it I'd think that first shaving year razors would have been a hotter choice. It could always be an excuse for collecting more vintage I suppose.

I'm new to this forum, and new to DE shaving. But if anyone has a Black Beauty with P2 a (June 1970) birthday in great nick that they want to get rid of, please let me know! :)

Hi folks I'm just new around here but I like this idea of a birth year razor so I'd be looking for Feb 1968.thanks Sammy.

Hi Sammy,

Well, I have a Slim dated N1 but I was figuring on keeping it for no particular reason. Maybe because it's in such nice shape and has unopened instructions packed with two Spoiler blades from a little different year and a clean case in the mix. Not often you see em like this.

However, it's an option but it would be expensive, with shipping to Limeyland eating the first $20. Let me give it a little thought and who knows, maybe this might not even be what you want or are looking for.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom