Birth Year Razors - sought & available

GOG said:
Looking for some help from you knowledgeable ones, what Gillette choice do I have for mid 1946? Been looking around but am finding it all a bit confusing. Don't know if I would buy anything, just being nosy at the moment.

Gillette Milord comes to mind,basically a gold coloured superspeed.

Dave.

GOG said:
Looking for some help from you knowledgeable ones, what Gillette choice do I have for mid 1946? Been looking around but am finding it all a bit confusing. Don't know if I would buy anything, just being nosy at the moment.

Hi there,

You might look at a US made 1946-47 Gillette Aristocrat. Nicer than usual knurling on this well plated Gold model, and one in very good shape without a case with run you less than $50 if you're patient looking around. Add another $20 or so for the nicer light brown clamshell case.

It's one of my favorite fixed head razors, with not too much bite and good balance.

Martin

Same year and quarter as me. :icon_razz:
I'd recommend a Gillette Slim.
I've got one (not for sale). I bought it in "shaver condition" then had it replated.

...keep your eyes peeled on ebay. They do crop up.

brian.t said:
Birth year razor sounds like a great idea! I'm happy with my EJ but would be happy to get hold of something from third quarter 1964!
Oh and before anyone says anything sarky - my wife is second quarter 1962 lol!!

Thanks trainman & dodgy, now at least I know what to look for. You never know one may just turn up at the right price. Meantime I'll just continue with my EJ's.

i wouldn't mind a nice english gillette, quarter 2 1976. i'm not sure what was available at that time though

EDIT: it looks like

W2 3 piece tech
W2 black handle super speed
W2 black handle super adjustable

Just to mention, I am preparing to sell a C2 Redtip, which is 1957 according to the Interwebs, probably describe it as good shaver condition, and a gold Aristocrat, W1, which is 1951, very good condition boxed with instructions and an unopened pack of Gillette Blues.

PM if interested.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

I've got a 1979 (Z1) super adjustable (black beauty) in very nice shape if that's a bingo for anyone.

Martin

Have you got any pics? Could you PM me?

Also to everyone, what was being made in January 2009? The month/year my son was born. I'd be interested in getting something for when he starts shaving in the distant future :)

Shropshire Shaver said:
Does anyone have razors from the first quarter of 1979 and the first quater of 2009 that you would've willing to part with? If do please PM me.

Andy

Modern DE razors aren't dated, so it's impossible to tell exactly when they were made. If you want something made recently to give little 'un when he's older, I'd suggest an Edwin Jagger DE89.

chrisbell said:
Shropshire Shaver said:
Does anyone have razors from the first quarter of 1979 and the first quater of 2009 that you would've willing to part with? If do please PM me.

Andy

Modern DE razors aren't dated, so it's impossible to tell exactly when they were made. If you want something made recently to give little 'un when he's older, I'd suggest an Edwin Jagger DE89.

Thank you for the advice I'll looking into that razor for him.

Back
Top Bottom