Best soap clones (and aftershaves if tested)

Been a while since I was here but I have a burning question prompted by a recent email that was advertising new clones of Brut and Old Spice if I remember rightly (I deleted the email and can't remember the names etc). These were shaving soaps and aftershave splashes.

My question is: are there any really good clones of vintage classics out there?

I already consider TGS Abysso to be a great Cool Water homage in both soap and after shave...but never found the equivalent for the original (Shulton) Old Spice or original Brut.

Any views/info on great clones would be most welcomed!

Thanks in advance for your kind input. :)

Been a while since I was here but I have a burning question prompted by a recent email that was advertising new clones of Brut and Old Spice if I remember rightly (I deleted the email and can't remember the names etc). These were shaving soaps and aftershave splashes.

My question is: are there any really good clones of vintage classics out there?

I already consider TGS Abysso to be a great Cool Water homage in both soap and after shave...but never found the equivalent for the original (Shulton) Old Spice or original Brut.

Any views/info on great clones would be most welcomed!

Thanks in advance for your kind input. :)

The next time I see it. There's a guy on Reddit who has done a fantastic detailed comparison of a number of Old Spice shaving soap clones.

I can't really exactly but I think the PAA ones are supposed to be excellent.

...but never found the equivalent for the original (Shulton) Old Spice or original Brut.
As far as Brut is concerned you have a few options:
Phoenix & Beau - Right Handed Giant
Extro Cosmesi - The End
PAA - Et Tu
Master Soap Creations - Vintage Faberge

Someone from a neighbouring forum has gone through a bit of effort to compile a list with homage soaps. Link below

https://www.thirstybadger.ca/shaving-fragrance-homage/

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Extro Cosmesi - The End
PAA - Et Tu

Someone from a neighbouring forum has gone through a bit of effort to compile a list with homage soaps. Link below

Hope this helps
That Thirsty Badger link is excellent - someone has clearly spent many hours putting that together, wow!

Extro Cosmesi - The End
PAA - Et Tu

Hope this helps
Wow! Took me some time to peruse that long list of homages...excellent resource!
Thanks ATG...and to others who made suggestions. I think I'll check out the Barrister & Mann Spice first and the P&B Right Handed Giant:)(y)

Reactions: ATG
Just found the original email I had that prompted my question...it was a promo from Master Soap Creations, regarding their Vintage Faberge and Vintage Spice soaps and AS splash. Anyone tried these?

Yup...just asked him about it in another thread. on artisan soaps (y)
Hi @Crossan, just wondered what you thought of the MSC Vintage Faberge...is this close to the 'great smell of Brut'?
I absolutely love it, the Mrs detests it. But that's because it smells of her dad, which if you can guess he uses brut, so that says something....though I'm not sure what it says about me :unsure:

I couldn't categorically say it was spot on, my nose is terrible but I would trust my wife's reaction.

Back
Top Bottom