Best shaving cream or Gel without brush

Was wondering what people use , really do not want to carry a brush around , so was looking for something to put on by hand/fingers , have keils squadron but not impressed, but then again not tried anything else ?
Thanks
WYne

I had some Cremo once from TKMaxx which worked OK without a brush. It looks like one of those solid deo twist-up things but for the face. Note, I like using a brush so I didn't get it again, but the scent was pleasant and it worked OK. I'm no expert in brushless shaves, so read my post with that in mind. The Cremo stick was about a fiver. Not a huge outlay but it didn't last all that long tbh. I would be tempted to suggest you get a tube of Palmolive cream for £2 and if it doesn't suit you, give it away in a PIF.

When I used carts I used King of Shave Alphagel. This is zero foam so you can see your edges and it's pretty slick. Have only tried it once with a straight razor though and it sucked, literally and metaphorically with SRs. Too grabby.

Was wondering what people use , really do not want to carry a brush around , so was looking for something to put on by hand/fingers , have keils squadron but not impressed, but then again not tried anything else ?
Thanks
WYne
I use Baxter of California - Super Close Shave Formula - when shaving my head. It's a non-lathering cream - very slick and with a pleasant amount of menthol. Cheers - I.

Vicco Turmeric Shaving Foam - It's a cream in a tube that lightly foams, slick and gives good in-shave and post-shave face feel.

Vicco said:
About this item:

FEATURES: Now experience an easy glide of shaving blade and a very comfortable close shave. Vicco turmeric shaving cream for men is a foam based shaving cream that cleans and also moisturizes the skin.
BENEFITS: Antiseptic healing properties help in healing small cuts and nicks. The shaving cream foam nourishes and protects your skin. Enjoy a cooling and refreshing shave each time you use Vicco Turmeric Shaving Cream
INGREDIENTS: Vicco Turmeric Shaving cream contains the Ayurvedic ingredient Turmeric.
USAGE: Use it before shaving as a moisturizer. Acts as an antiseptic during and after shaving. The antiseptic and cooling ingredients protects and nourishes your skin and also provides all day long freshness.

I have a couple of tubes of Feather Shaving Gel which is very good although i don’t use it much
i also like Molton Brown but a tad expensive.
To be honest you could pretty much use any cream you want
just wet the face & they soon lather up,
You can also use a bar of soap
don’t look to much in to it if that’s the road you want to go down, most if not all creams will work

A little gem from Italy.

Una Salvia 4 by Opus Ruri
YQFSahr.jpg

I tend to use mostly Gillette shaving foams/gel. I have extremely sensitive skin, so their range of Sensitive products is ideal for me. I swear by them and would never think of using anything else.

I have only used a shaving brush and shaving soap once, but I was very unimpressed with the poor quality of lather that they produced. Since then, I have used shaving foam or gel in a can, always Gillette. They are the best, IMO.

Hiya,

Mistral makes nice body soaps and also does a nice job with a brushless shaving cream. Got some for my daughter a while back and tried it myself. Ordered the vanilla scent and was happy with it. This product comes in a large tub.

Worth a try,

Martin

Thanks
WYne
I don't understand the problem. You'll have to carry a tube, a tub or an aerosol plus a razor and cartridges or blades, not to mention a towel. Not enough pockets to carry a brush as well? You can buy very small brushes - Omega, £4 or £5.

I tend to use mostly Gillette shaving foams/gel. I have extremely sensitive skin, so their range of Sensitive products is ideal for me. I swear by them and would never think of using anything else.

I have only used a shaving brush and shaving soap once, but I was very unimpressed with the poor quality of lather that they produced. Since then, I have used shaving foam or gel in a can, always Gillette. They are the best, IMO.
For Sensitive Skin means does not contain allergens or known irritants. You can use any Simpsons or 5 of the TOBS range of creams, labelled For Sensitive Skin.. Stay away from Cyril Salter creams. Most gels contain the allergens MI & MCI. They are there to increase shelf life. They are gradually being phased out of shampoos and conditioners.

Fair play to you
that’s what’s good about this game you use what you want however i will say 100% you’ll get a better lather with a brush,
if you tried it once & failed don’t give up it’s better than using your hand for sure & i very much doubt anyone can say different.
On the soap front Canned Gillette is no good but yes it works but the other shect that’s in the can is not good for your skin,
it maybe works for you but it’s far from being the best.
There is many sensitive soaps out there including vegan soaps that can be good for most skin types.
I can understand you not wanting to try other soaps due to your skin condition but trust me Canned soap is not the answer.
Give some vegetable soap bases a try & bowl lather,
You’ll whip up a luxurious lather in a matter of seconds.
By the way this isn’t a criticism on the way you shave,
We all do it the way we like.

Back
Top Bottom