Best Pocket knife

Hi Guys,

I have small victorinox for daily use but is to small(1.5inch blade). I want to buy knife for life to be within British legal limits.

Something classy, sturdy and simply. Dont need multitools

Thanks for advices

Opinel. I love the #6 - perfect size for me as an EDC.

DSCF0931_zps65373375.jpg

The Opinel #6 ain't legal for everyday carry over here as it has a locking mechanism.

I'd go for an alox Victorinox Pioneer. If you don't want or need the other tools, it does come in a single blade version, isn't expensive and is pretty well made. The alox scales are much better than the standard red plastic too. Spyderco UKPKs ain't cheap....

I've had a few of Trevor's knives, with varying qualities of fit and finish but none just how they should be. Also, the steel is pretty soft and although it can take an arm hair shaving edge, it doesn't hold it very long at all. I'd rather buy British but for practicality and price, you can't go wrong with a SAK.

I've got on well with my Bear Gryll ' multi tool ', which is really just a single blade pocket knife with a couple of handy s rewdriver type blades. Non locking, metal stud on the blade to facillitate single hand opening and under 3" blade length.

JohnnyO. o/

I second Gairdner's suggestion of the Alox Victorinox Pioneer for a relatively inexpensive, yet well made 'UK legal' knife. It's also one of the less aggressive looking knives.

Another (slightly more expensive) option is the Finnish-made Enzo PK70. The blade, which comes in flat ground or scandi grind, is made of S30V stainless steel and retains its edge really well. It has a superb backspring that makes the knife very safe and unlikely to close on your fingers during use.

Enzo%20PK70%20scaled_zps4s5cjajl.jpg~original

Hiya,

My daily carry knife of choice for the last 45 years or so has been about the same model Huntsman Swiss Army version with maybe a dozen small handy tools. Not a big knife and real handy.

Now there's a new addition in my other front pocket, made by a Spanish gentleman named Pedro Bermudez. His specialty look is the Taramundi style, a local design. The one I was gifted with is quite well crafted, small and weighs very little, which makes me unaware of having it in my pocket, and fun to have. Hah, my only problem is not getting to use it around other people much as I would like.

Judging by the knives some of you have posted, this type might appeal to y'all. The knife maker has some good videos as well as plenty of great looking pics to be searched for.

Martin

I don't have my working knife on me right now, as I have to leave it in work ...... err :rolleyes:

Anyway ....... It's an old stainless spine locker that's seen 25 years of service in my knife pocket. It carries no name brand ..... And it bears the scars of much use and many a sharpening. I reckon it will see out at least another 25 years of opening packaging, slicing pallet straps and generally being utilised wherever it can be of use.

That's my Best Pocket Knife.

But if you want to pick one up for UK legal carry, the UK Legal section of Heinnie Heynes is a good start. The Spyderco 'bugs' are cheap and cheerful ;)

Back
Top Bottom