Best place for blades

I've only bought from Connaught Shaving - got a pack of Gem SE blades to use in my Ever Ready. As always, they arrived in excellent time and well packaged.
I don't think there is a great selection of SE blades such as there is for DE - which I guess makes it easier for those of us likely to develop ADs at the drop of a blade wrapper.

Dick's your man here as he has tried the US versions of Gems that come packaged under different names - including carbon rather than coated.

From my knowledge there is not much real choice other than Gem or Feather - the Feather may need an added spine depending on your razor. The additional varieties available in the US all seem to come from the same Gem manufacturer so are really not that different . Dorco make a similar splined blade but I read they are intended for industrial use.

Both Gem and Feather SE are available at Connaught.

I have a Heljestrand that came with a seven day set of hollow ground blades - I honed and stropped one just last week and it gave a superb smooth shave. I recommend these if you have the equipment to maintain a shave ready edge. There are Wilkinson equivalents and maybe others as far as I know.

Connaught. I saw a post on B&B which recommended them in the U.S.! - coals to Newcastle. Dont be tempted by the Ebay SE blades, they are not coated and will hurt like hell.

Back
Top Bottom