BBS for new D.E convert's

Cheers Spandex great to be here!

Following on I shaved today using my new mapping and a Tesco personna blade. Managed 3 passes WTG, XTG and ATG on face and upper neck and only did 2 WTG passes on lower neck and it was fantastic. Concentrated more on technique and not trying to remove all the stubble in one go. Happy days!!!!!

simmo3801 said:
Cheers Spandex great to be here!

Following on I shaved today using my new mapping and a Tesco personna blade. Managed 3 passes WTG, XTG and ATG on face and upper neck and only did 2 WTG passes on lower neck and it was fantastic. Concentrated more on technique and not trying to remove all the stubble in one go. Happy days!!!!!

..That's just great news simmo ! Give it enough time and patience, and you'll be able to do just about anything in shaving you wanna do! There is a fantastic wealth of knowledge on this forum, just tap in to it whenever you need to know something about what we all do, (shave-wise anyway), and if you have a shaving problem,however slight, don't hesitate to ask the membership, someone will know. This shaving thing of our's can get quite obsessive when it comes to accumulating "paraphernalia"- i should know- I'm in an advanced stage of this state of affair/s myself! But what the hell, it's also a lot of fun.. :D

spandex..

spandexcodpiece said:
cheese_dave said:
sonny said:
ps. is there anyone who's cartridge only gave them a few shaves? I can only get 3-4 shaves out of a sensor excel, and that's supposed to be sharper than most cartdiges.
Too flamin' right. I used to get a week out of my cartridges... until I found...

** RAZORPIT!!!!!! **

Still the best tool in a cartridge shaver's armoury, bar none. Well, apart from a decent brush and cream/soap. Razorpit quadrupled the life of my cartridges. BTW I'm not in anyway associated with the people who manufacture or market Razorpit, I just think it's one of those all too rare products that does exactly what it says it will do, like Head and Shoulders shampoo.

And it was writing about Razorpit on another forum that got me a recommendation to try DE shaving... and here I am, not looking back.

L.O. Cheese ! I lost count of how many shaves I used to get from my "fusion" blades, but it was loads!! I bought one of those Razorpit sharpeners, and round about the same time, started DE shaving. Needless to say, the Razorpit is still in it's box- as sent from "Mankind.com- and still not used! :lol:

spandex..

I have a razorpit and in the time I used it it more than paid for itself

Sorry guys any more of this Razopit talk and HM will lock this thread, change the subject to something less controversial offensive like vivisection or the right to self terminate. :lol:

I got three or four good shaves out a Sensor cartridge, I tried M3 one day when they were quite literally giving them away in Boots, but it was the M3 that drove me to DE, I just could not adjust to a sprung flappyrazor where it controls the pressure. The last decent cartridges in my biased opinion is the two bladed pivot head Blue II or Sensor / Excel. After that it was all downhill.

Audiolab said:
Sorry guys any more of this Razopit talk and HM will lock this thread, change the subject to something less controversial offensive like vivisection or the right to self terminate. :lol:

I got three or four good shaves out a Sensor cartridge, I tried M3 one day when they were quite literally giving them away in Boots, but it was the M3 that drove me to DE, I just could not adjust to a sprung flappyrazor where it controls the pressure. The last decent cartridges in my biased opinion is the two bladed pivot head Blue II or Sensor / Excel. After that it was all downhill.

Phew!! thanks for bringing us back to our senses Audio, I can well imagine what this kind of talk was doing to the "purists" amongst us !! I ,for one do not want a TSR lynch mob- dressed in white robes topped off with a conical hood - turning up on my door stop :lol:

spandex..

Back
Top Bottom