Bay Rum

Why is Bay Rum so hard to find in the UK?
I am not a fan of the Boots hair tonic, I wouldn't buy Pinaud due to synthetics. Ogallala is permanently sold out at McGuires. Captains Choice costs more than Royall products on Amazon. I have ordered a Turtle Bay Bay Rum flask, hopefully I will not be caught by customs. I have no idea if Captain Smith, St Lucia and Dominica Bay Rums are still produced, which one is now Grand Bay?
I would like to try the Barbary Coast version, but it's not inexpensive.

Any favourites? I am a fan of Royall Lyme, so I should try their Bay Rum. St Johns products are impossible to source.

Last edited:
Why is Bay Rum so hard to find in the UK?
I am not a fan of the Boots hair tonic, I wouldn't buy Pinaud due to synthetics. Ogallala is permanently sold out at McGuires. Captains Choice costs more than Royall products on Amazon. I have ordered a Turtle Bay Bay Rum flask, hopefully I will not be caught by customs. I have no idea if Captain Smith, St Lucia and Dominica Bay Rums are still produced, which one is now Grand Bay?
I would like to try the Barbary Coast version, but it's not inexpensive.

Any favourites? I am a fan of Royall Lyme, so I should try their Bay Rum. St Johns products are impossible to source.
My personal favourite splash lotion.

I can't give my opinion on the others you have mentioned as i've yet to try. Hope this helps.

Regards. Barry.

My personal favourite splash lotion.

I can't give my opinion on the others you have mentioned as i've yet to try. Hope this helps.

Regards. Barry.

It's very mild in scent, but I can't think of a product which suits my skin as well as this. If you have any Afro-Carib hair product shops in your local town, they usually sell it for less than £2.

It's very mild in scent, but I can't think of a product which suits my skin as well as this. If you have any Afro-Carib hair product shops in your local town, they usually sell it for less than £2.
Unfortunately we don't have any Afro-Carib hair product shops in my town..The price of the Ebay link has increased considerably since my last purchase..Almost x3 the cost!:oops:

It's not going to have essential oils at that price bracket. I don't really want cheap synthetics.

Penhaligon's did their own take on a Bay Rum fragrance, I had a bottle but for the life of me cannot remember what it was called, it was very nice indeed, not the usual cloves and stuff you would normally expect from a classic Bay Rum.
It's name will come to me at some point and I will let you know. :) P.

My Bay Rums have arrived: Harris, TOBS, and Charles Baldwin from the USA which is on clearance from Carter and Bond. This is quite fleeting, but I like it. I just dabbed a bit on. I am awaiting the Vines Vintage to arrive.

20200901_153741.jpg

Back
Top Bottom