Bay Rum

Ids

Might sound like a stupid question but I'm brave the answers!
Does it leave you smelling like the morning after a night on the finest lambs navy rum?

I personally like the Bay Rum smell, it is a spicy old time smell, a bit clovey......, i think the best one of the lot is Pashana Bay Rum, (yes yes it's advertised as a Hair tonic, but i uses it as a splash/aftershave and it leaves the skin in good condition). it is only £4.00 a bottle in my local chemist.
pashana-american-bay-rum.jpg

I like the stuff so much that i am making my own, results to follow in a few weeks....

It's not boozy at all.

A bit 'clovey' depending which one you use, spicy, warm-smelling.

My favourite is Benjamins which is about £2 for 250ml.

It's the 'real' stuff too. Made with the 'right' kind of leaves, apparently.

I've been looking to try Dominica Bay Rum, which is another proper Bay Rum but it is outrageously expensive through Manufactum and a faff to get from US via eBay.

At this moment in time, the only aftershave I'm using is Bay Rum.

Boozey was what I was asking, didn't fancy turning up to work smelling half cut!

It was the ogallea peppercorn and lime I was looking at, benjamins could be a good intro at that price.

Cheers sunbury and vinny (not Joe) :)

It's just a kinda really nice "warm" & clean scent, nothing to attract either sailors nor yet boozy persons asking to suck your cheeks. The alcohol in it irritates my skin, however it truly is a classic , taking me back to the 1950s & 60s when most barber's shops in Glasgow seemed to annoint the jowls of customers with it after a wet shave.

JohnnyO. :roll:

I bought a bottle of Royall Bay Rhum in fraganceX and I like this stuff, less clovey than the TOBS bay rum, that I knew before, but it last only 1 hour, but I like this hour of classic scent.

Where I can get the Benjamin? after I read you it seems an absolute bargain :shock:

I've only tried the Pashana. It smells really strongly of cloves and cinnamon when first applied, but I find it settles after about 30-60 minutes into a nice warm, spiced scent. For me I wouldn't put it on if I was just about to leave the house as I think it's to in your face, but after it's been on for a while I like the smell.

Damian Murphy said:
I use benjamins based on bunnies recommendation and it's good stuff.
I got a bottle of the ogallala peppercorn and lime bay rum and I really like that .

Who is Bunnie?

Are you using an iPhone and miss-hit the V and I ?

Bunnie, not Vinny (nor Joe).

joe mcclaine said:
Damian Murphy said:
I use benjamins based on bunnies recommendation and it's good stuff.
I got a bottle of the ogallala peppercorn and lime bay rum and I really like that .

Who is Bunnie?

Are you using an iPhone and miss-hit the V and I ?

Bunnie, not Vinny (nor Joe).

Sorry about that :oops: , you got it exactly right though Iphone fecked up.
Vinnie ( not Bunnie ) recommended Benjamins and its very good .Do try the Olagallala if you can !

Back
Top Bottom