Bath Soap Recommendations

Ive been into TOBS Avocado for a while. http://www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk/acatalog/Avocado-Hand-Soap-100g--J07101.html#SID=55

Always a bar in my wash bag or on the side at home.

A nice coincidence - I've recently got into bath soaps myself, after overlooking them on the shave sites for the past 18 months.

I got the green Musgo Real soap for Christmas and the 3 pack of TOBS soaps - Sandalwood, Jermyn St and Eton College.

Musgo green smells amazing, somewhere in between Imperial Leather and Wright's coal tar and not too drying. It's an awkward brick shape and took a few showers to get it lathering well and into a useable smooth shape. Worth the effort though. The TOBS soaps - they lather better, dry the skin less and are smooth shaped so easier to use but the 200g bath soaps are massive. For at least a week I kept dropping it in the shower because you need big bear hands to handle it properly at first. I've tried all 3 that I have and all are the same quality with a strong scent.

My take on supermarket brands - IMO Dove soap is by far the best quality and best feeling on the skin, it just smells a bit femanine.

Best advice I can offer - try to stick to around 100g in size unless you have big hands to handle the 200g TOBS type bars. Have fun trying everything!

Next I'll be working my way through the Musgo scents then probably onto Truefitt & Trumpers.

Aye, those space NK Bloomsbury soaps from a close shave are very good. Powerful scent and the 200g bars are great, IMO. Longer lasting and, I find, easier to hold for the main lifetime of usage. I find when I get down to the slivers that I'm already contemplating opening a new bar as they're so fiddly. Thankfully I shower alone so there's no hazard in dropping them on the shower floor.

For proper 'Man' soap, look to an the English makers, Christina May. Their Pine Tar is superb, comes in a 200g, triple milled bar which lasts for ages, uses the finest closed-kiln pine tar and leaves you feeling fresh and smelling great. Good old Mitchell's Wool Fat 150g bars are good too and anything from Nanny's has to be good. Been using Valderma myself of late as it is more my end of the cost spectrum. It keeps the plooks doon! ;)

Needless to say all of the above are made in Britain.

Beekman 1802 Fresh Air goat milk bar soap, which I discovered at a B&B. I love the fragrance and skin care. The 9 oz. bar is too big for my hand, so I'll cut it in half.
3QfjmKu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom