Bargain or not???

I've just found this for sale locally in each "flavour" - lemon, sandalwood, lavender and unscented

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.salonskincare.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=11212&ref=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.salonskincare.co.uk/product_ ... 1212&ref=4</a><!-- m -->

for £35.21

I know Fido had said A of S cream was very good but is this the bargain it seems? They have lots if anyones interested!

I've found them on ebay ranging from £24.99 to £55

It's the full size box not the starter kit......

The lavender cream is very good IMHO. Read good things about the balm as well. Not tried any of the other stuff. It's quite a bit cheaper than it typically retails for, although their stuff is generally regarded as being on the pricey side.

I was aware it was pricey to buy the cream on its own. Just wasn't sure if brush up to much. I don't use oils so that would be a waste. All my friends use cartridges and haven't seen the light.

hunnymonster said:
Well it's only really a bargain if you actually want it when it's full price... otherwise it's £35.21 you weren't going to spend :D

My wife *hates* it when I apply that logic to the grocery shopping.

Ian

simmo3801 said:
I was aware it was pricey to buy the cream on its own. Just wasn't sure if brush up to much. I don't use oils so that would be a waste. All my friends use cartridges and haven't seen the light.

sunburyboy bought one of the brushes recently, so it might be worth asking him what they're like.

The question is: could you sell (or trade) the individual components for more than the total cost eh? eh? eh?

As I stood in Costco looking at the number of boxes they had that thought did cross my mind........... closely followed by another..............too much bloody hassle. I don't really want an Art of Shaving brush never mind being stuck with half a dozen I couldn't sell!

simmo3801 said:
Ah thanks Yellow Jim! I thought I'd read someone had. I've come to the conclusion that it's not something I need!

Willpower, eh?

I've done a spreadsheet whilst bored in work today, totting up the amount I've spent on razors since I started in January. To say I'm appalled by the amount is an understatement! :shock: :? I'd absolutely no idea it was as much as it is. Quite a few of them I bought below market rate I think, but still. Expect to see a few razors on the BST here or on the bay in the coming weeks.

Luckily I forgot I was watching a Double Ring that's just finished on ebay, otherwise I might have been tempted by that. I need to get me some willpower.

Yellow Jim said:
simmo3801 said:
Ah thanks Yellow Jim! I thought I'd read someone had. I've come to the conclusion that it's not something I need!

Willpower, eh?

I've done a spreadsheet whilst bored in work today, totting up the amount I've spent on razors since I started in January. To say I'm appalled by the amount is an understatement! :shock: :? I'd absolutely no idea it was as much as it is. Quite a few of them I bought below market rate I think, but still. Expect to see a few razors on the BST here or on the bay in the coming weeks.

Luckily I forgot I was watching a Double Ring that's just finished on ebay, otherwise I might have been tempted by that. I need to get me some willpower.

it's mad, i have spent loads sinnce i got into this, as i collect the Vintage Razors as well...it has cost me a fair bit.

don't need the Razors i have found, just don't want anyone else to have them :twisted: :oops: :oops:

sunburyboy93 said:
it's mad, i have spent loads sinnce i got into this, as i collect the Vintage Razors as well...it has cost me a fair bit.

don't need the Razors i have found, just don't want anyone else to have them :twisted: :oops: :oops:

I'm not even going to start adding up the creams, blades, aftershaves........I'll just depress myself. Seeing the total staring up at me made me realise I need to rein it in a bit. The only problem is knowing what to get rid of.

BTW Have you received the brush yet?

Back
Top Bottom