Barbershop Scented Soap

Can anyone recommend a really good strong scented barbershop soap, please? I love the scent and I know there are a number of options around. I'd rather buy British if I can but I don't mind buying USA from a UK stockist, I don't fancy paying the postage from the US! I'm also open to swaps and PIFs. Cheers guys!

Dave

Barbershop can go in various directions - sweet, powdery, mossy, lavender, bergamot, patchouli. Which way do you want to go?

To list but a few:
Barrister and Mann - Seville (darker and drier)
Fine - American Blend
Mike's Natural Soaps - Barbershop (more fruity, with bergamot
Shaving shop online - Freud Blue
Phoenix - CaD

Plenty on our side of the big blue too. TOBS ST. James could qualify, as could Truefitt & Hill's no 10. But these are creams.

Go down to your local chemist and pick a tube of Erasmic cream, for me at list it's the definition of Barbershop scented soap, other will no doubt disagree as it's only a £1 or so but trust me on that one.

Cheers guys - I'm not great at describing scents I did smell a barbershop a/s splash by Lebelle which was veering towards an almost smoky smell if that makes sense and it's something like that that I'm after. I have Seville and St James but I want something stronger scented than that if possible. I am waiting for Fine American blend to be available over here - it's on the way - and also considering OSP. Anyone have any opinions on these?

I bought some Erasmic shave sticks a while ago - red box not black - and it was terrible the lather dissipated almost immediately and I know So Sharp David on You Tube has had issues with it so I'm reluctant to go down that route.

Incidentally is anyone else in the same position as me? I will run out of soap in about 94 years time but I still want/need to buy more! Who said DE was cheaper - no-one warned me about the bug!

P&B Albion should be coming out soon which may be to your liking, otherwise Spitfire had that leather, smoke, juniper hit that correlates to your preference.

Mike's barbershop is the only barbershop scent that reminds me of a barbershop, warm, musky, light citrus. Both P&B and Mike's make my top 5, with regards to performance.

Back
Top Bottom