Balm then aftershave, or aftershave then balm, or one or other …aarghhh

There are no shops like that where I live. I refuse to shop online, due to bad personal experiences with online shopping/mistrust of certain websites/items going missing or turning up tampered with or damaged.

I would rather not buy a product at all than to end up too dependent on the internet for it. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

That’s because in that type of shop you’ll be talking to uninterested retail staff with no knowledge of the products or wider market
While that may or may not be true, I refuse to shop online, as I mentioned in my post above. I prefer to shop the "proper" way, with proper bricks and mortar shops. I trust shops. I certainly don't trust certain websites, or their delivery drivers.

I wouldn't want to live in a world without shops at all. That would be horrible.

Where do you live?

Where do you live?
I will just say that there are quite a few shops where I live. I value those shops very much and I wouldn't want to lose them.

I grew up in a world with shops and hopefully there will still be shops around when I am taking my last breath. I am aware that not everyone will value shops in the same way that I do, and that is their opinion. I am merely stating mine.

No mate, I get it, I was asking to see if I know of somewhere that might be near(ish)

Where do you get your razors?

No mate, I get it, I was asking to see if I know of somewhere that might be near(ish)

Where do you get your razors?
I live in the Midlands. The nearest city to me is Birmingham. I'm sorry if I caused you any offence, because it wasn't my intention. It's just that there a lot of nutters on the internet and you have to be careful about what you tell people. I apologise if I reacted harshly, or if I appear to have taken your post the wrong way.

I usually buy my razors and blades from Boots. I buy most of my aftershave/EDTs from either Boots or The Perfume Shop.

I would tread very carefully. There are certain members of this forum who don't seem to like me very much. I would be very careful as to who I gave my personal details to. It would be so easy to be scammed.

I am not aiming this at you in particular, so please do not take offence. I am merely being careful. Trust can be a dangerous commodity these days.

Not been to Birmingham for a while now, but I would imagine it would have a few upmarket/independent department stores. One of those could be worth a try.

Reactions: FJY
Colognes in Birmingham

Not been to Birmingham for a while now, but I would imagine it would have a few upmarket/independent department stores. One of those could be worth a try.
I haven't been to Birmingham for a while, either. There used to be a John Lewis there a while back, but I think it closed. I used to buy quite a few EDTs from there, whenever I was in the city. That was before our branch of The Perfume Shop opened here, though. Now, instead of having to travel miles, I buy most of my EDTs from there instead, and also Boots. It's handy to have a useful shop like that practically on my own doorstep.

I think that there still is a branch of John Lewis in Solihull, though, which is in the same area. I don't know that part of the Midlands very well, though.

I think this is often the problem; especially with those that new to DE/SE shaving. Preshave oils, balms, splashes, EdT. The desire to put use every unguent out there.

Then wonder why they have a face like a Gregg’s Hallowe’en cake…

Longevity isn’t the point of an aftershave lotion. Also, we can get used to our fragrances; thinking that longevity is on the wane when it isn’t.

They are different beasts:
Eau de Cologne
Eau de Toilette
Eau de Parfum
Parfum