Balm then aftershave, or aftershave then balm, or one or other …aarghhh

Due to restraint I’ve been discovering all the crap I never needed that TSR enablers made me buy wonderful and completely useful things I have bought over the past year. I usually use a sensitive balm due to rosacea but have discovered a couple of alchohol free splashes I’d forgotten about but I can’t figure out when they should be applied.

Current regime is-

Wash face in shower
Usually brush bowl lathered cream onto face
wtg,xtg,atg rinse and aplly new lather inbetween
using 6s on 6 with Nacet blades
rinse with cold water
Balm
Anti rosacea serum
Moisturise
SPF
Cologne

Where does the splash go?

I'd go with one or the other type - aftershave splash OR aftershave balm.

Since you're applying skin conditioners anyway after the balm, I'd say forego the balm and use the splash. Once dried, then apply your creams. I think my only concern might be that perfume oils get trapped by the emollients. The point of an aftershave splash is to give a heavily alcoholic cleansing and drying after shaving - this is contrary to your needs, evident by you applying creams. So, long way round of saying ... probably don't bother, given your regimen.

I'd go with one or the other type - aftershave splash OR aftershave balm.

Since you're applying skin conditioners anyway after the balm, I'd say forego the balm and use the splash. Once dried, then apply your creams. I think my only concern might be that perfume oils get trapped by the emollients. The point of an aftershave splash is to give a heavily alcoholic cleansing and drying after shaving - this is contrary to your needs, evident by you applying creams. So, long way round of saying ... probably don't bother, given your regimen.
Cool, thanks

I tend to use either an aftershave splash or an EDT. I never use both at the same time, because I think that one or the other is usually enough. I rarely use balms, as I usually find them to be too greasy on my skin, which I hate. I already have extremely oily skin as it is, without loading more excess onto it.

Well today I splashed with Gothic Revival splash and then some matching balm. Astringent/cleanser and then nourishing balm. I love the smell, and did not apply scent over the top of those! That's generally how I would do it. Or forget the splash, I use bio oil for the skin treatment and spray EdT or whatever on top. The oil catches the scent and it lasts longer IMO .

Well today I splashed with Gothic Revival splash and then some matching balm. Astringent/cleanser and then nourishing balm. I love the smell, and did not apply scent over the top of those! That's generally how I would do it. Or forget the splash, I use bio oil for the skin treatment and spray EdT or whatever on top. The oil catches the scent and it lasts longer IMO .
Finding an EDT or aftershave lotion that actually has staying power is something of an issue for me. There are many that I really like, but they require constant "topping up" throughout the day. Even fragrances like the mighty Aramis and Fahrenheit don't have quite the same longevity on my skin as they once did. I blame it on re-formulation.

Finding an EDT or aftershave lotion that actually has staying power is something of an issue for me. There are many that I really like, but they require constant "topping up" throughout the day. Even fragrances like the mighty Aramis and Fahrenheit don't have quite the same longevity on my skin as they once did. I blame it on re-formulation.

I've always found that TF&H and TOBS aftershaves and particularly Colognes last very well.

Aftershave then balm for me but the only thing i would add is after the shave i always wash my face with warm water then cold water after.
In the past iv heard of people getting blocked pours causing ingrown hairs due to soap residue on the face.
Whether it’s an old wife’s tale i don’t know but iv done it for 40 years and i’m very Beautiful :ROFLMAO:

I've always found that TF&H and TOBS aftershaves and particularly Colognes last very well.
Please excuse my obvious ignorance, but what are "TF&H" and "TOBS"? I am not familiar with these. Are they some kind of brand name? If what you say is true and they last for a long time, I would like to find out more about them.

Back
Top Bottom