Balm or lotion ?

I've just had my second shave with my new (& borrowed) kit, I tried Proraso cream today, Ingrams yesterday, again, excellent result :D
The razor is on loan (Parker) and had a Derby blade. No nicks or damage today at all :eek: it'll never last :roll:

My question is regarding an area of rough skin on my throat, always been there, just above the collar, but not as high up under the chin :!:

In the past have wet shaved and there has been 'destruction' in this area, however the two wet shaves yesterday and today have not given any problem, just one or two specks yesterday and nil today :eek: would almost have expected it to be worse with DE wet shave, but no, so something is going very right :shave

Would this area improve if after shaving it was given the once over with a balm or a moisturiser lotion :?: or is there an alternative idea you could suggest :?:

Thanks chaps.

Judging by the differing opinions I've seen on here it's probably a case of trying various things out I'd guess, see what suits you. I get very good results from using Trumper's skin food (which is basically just fancy & expensive glycerine as far as I can tell) both before and after shaving. Others find that an aftershave seems to tighten up the skin & leave it feeling good. Alcohol just irritates my skin and I get a reaction to the scents in some balms, so there's nought much else I could recommend, sorry.

JohnnyO. :geek:

JohnnyO said:
Trumper's skin food (which is basically just fancy & expensive glycerine as far as I can tell)

Without doing a search through the forum, has anyone tried to make a skin food? I just looked through the ingredients for the Trumpers and I'm guessing that most of them would be pretty readily available.

Thank you, will look for balm with moisturiser, results so far very pleasing :idea:

Think the foam from the shaving cream has been a help ....... and not rushing :!:

Back
Top Bottom