Badger Boar brushes

Shrug_by_melonhead_emotion.gif

simmo3801 said:
On what you've said alone maybe the boar exfoliates your skin and lifts the hairs a bit better prior to shaving whereas the softer (probably) badger doesn't?

I agree,I get a closer shave too with my boar,its also worth bearing in mind that it'll take longer generating lather with a boar if u face lather so u'll massage and exfoliate for longer

Id give a +1 to the idea that your working it on your face longer to get the lather.
I guess your extending and giving yourself maybe twice the beard prep.

I know for sure when I'm on a lazy day and spend far to long on a luxurious prep i always get a phenomenally good shave.

Any boar and any badger? maybe your badger is too floppy for your lathering style. Who knows but if you are getting better results with boar then buy more and be happy or try some different badgers.

There is no tangible reason why one should result in a closer shave, assuming the lather quality is the same.

I experimented today one half lathered with badger the other half boar

The boar side was closer

I was using a Semogue 620 and a Simpsons Persian jar

Valuer

Perhaps it's due to which is your dominant hand?

Then again, it might just be a subjective/occasional perception, and not actually an actual fact.

You'd have to try a few different variations over a fair number of shaves to establish this obsevation's validity, I'd think. Such as a shave every 24 hours (keeping to a very similar diet and activity routine over the entire course of the observation period), and alternating which side is boar, and which is badger for each shave. Of course you have too make sure that the other variables vary as little as possible too - same brushes, soap/cream and razor/blades for each shave etc... and such stuff.

Back
Top Bottom