Bad news for F1 fans.........

If Formula 1 wanted to maximise audiences for the sake of their sponsors they'd've gone with the BBC. Clearly they don't. We can't and shouldn't expect the BBC to outbid Sky for anything - it's not reasonable, and it's not what the BBC's for.

Doing a deal with a Murdoch business in the current climate demonstrates just how firmly Bernie has his finger on the pulse, doesn't it.

Dr Rick said:
If Formula 1 wanted to maximise audiences for the sake of their sponsors they'd've gone with the BBC. Clearly they don't. We can't and shouldn't expect the BBC to outbid Sky for anything - it's not reasonable, and it's not what the BBC's for.

Doing a deal with a Murdoch business in the current climate demonstrates just how firmly Bernie has his finger on the pulse, doesn't it.

What he said.

Ian

Bernie Ecclestone is only ever interested in making more money for himself, so having now got money out of the BBC and Sky, no wonder he thinks it's "super".

I'm not a big sports fan and not an FI devotee, but adverts in live coverage are very annoying. Pity the BBC have lost it again.

Lets not forget it was the Beeb that wanted to reneg the rest of their contract rather than some master stroke from Bernie or Sky for that matter.

Sky have always wanted to get their sticky mitts on F1 and I've now read they will show the races without ads and probably share resources plus fans will still get to see half and mostly flagship races fta til 2018 rather than a monsooned sweat pit in the very early or late hours. The arrangement doesn't seem too bad.

OK so I ditched Sky 17 Months ago so now only have a DVD hooked up to my TV as I got fed up with wall to wall adverts. The only thing I watch is F1 on BBC i Player sometimes live but usually after the event.
Why am I now paying my TV license to the BBC if I now cannot even watch all the races live if I want to. Can I now cancel paying the license in protest to the way F1 fans have been treated.
Regards
Pete

Back
Top Bottom