B.S.O.T.D

I was just going to post in SOTD about this mornings crummy affair but BigBoar has offered a nice alternative which means I don't have to read about someone else having a fantastic shave!

Grosvenor Brush
EJ DE89L Razor
Croma Blade
MWF Soap
Nivea Balm

Initially I couldn't get a good lather going with the MWF but perseverance got me a decent lather. Croma isn't my favourite but has always been OK so I thought I'd give it another run out today. I got a lot of irritation on my neck though and a couple of small nicks round the chin for the first time in a good while. The alum let me know that's for sure.

I think a day off Friday and then a Polsilver and T&H combo on Saturday is in order! Also considering a pure badger for the MWF.

All the elements were there, it just didnt come together.

Gillette superspeed
Personna Blues ...usually smooth
MWF with a bit of Erasmic to help with the hard water.

Lather was best Ive had from MWF for a while and this would normally be a top rated shave for me, some stutter on the razor and the best I got was socially acceptable.

no sting at all from the Alum so I suppose that's something.

Tried a feather in my gillette old type this morning, nearly took my Adams apple clean off. My own fault, rushing. I should know better, that razor demands respect.

Fuc** , used a Treet Durasharp blade in the slant today, I did't have a rush or bumps for over a year and today it's just brutal, this blade is just shite , blood everywhere, funny thing it felt smooth during the shave.

My face agree with most blades but this is something else, it's sharp but perhaps not for the slant angle. I will bin the second one I have to save me face. New Gillette platinum is loaded.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso - Sandalwood
Soap: Ogallala - Bay Rum Sandalwood
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm synthetic
Razor: Schick Injector Dial Adj @8
Blade: Schick Injector Twin (5)
After: Floid Black AS, Dove ASB

Decided to give the Ogallala Bay Rum soap one last try as never get a decent lather with it. In the past the lather has either collapsed or has gone all "clotted" where the lather seems to have dense parts to it; just weird.

I gave it my best shot - WD synthetic can make the best lather from the most difficult soaps, nice big ridged lather bowl for max whipping possible and a gentle razor in case of little lather protection. The first pass started ok, lather looked ok but started to dry on my face halfway through the pass, so I added more water to the lather. Then by the end of the first pass the lather had collapsed so to continue I thought I'd add some RSC cream to rescue it. Surprisingly it squired out very thinly into the bowl. "It must have gone off and liquidy from lack of use" I thought. Then I saw the tube was the ASB not the shave cream - doh! Why do they have to make the things look so similar?
Still chance to save the lather I thought and found some Palmolive cream to add to the mixture. The lather was revived and was actually very good mainly due to the Palmolive with its washing powder scent coming through into the shave - quite a nice scent really, I should use it more often.
Anyway, I managed a bloodless finish to the shave but was a depressing overall experience. The Ogallala will be used as a bath soap from now on.

Back
Top Bottom