ATT SE Slant

To be honest it just didn't feel smooth and there was an odd roughness about it. The aluminium SE1 was worse again.

Just not for me
Whilst this is a complete guess, I think you'd probably find the same with this slant. I think it was my SE1 head you tried and that's the 'Windsor' model which is supposed to be a bit smoother than the original. This slant head is based on the original (called 'Classic' if I remember correctly).

I know exactly where you're coming from though. I enjoy the SE1 but my Generals and Hawk are smoother.

Whilst this is a complete guess, I think you'd probably find the same with this slant. I think it was my SE1 head you tried and that's the 'Windsor' model which is supposed to be a bit smoother than the original. This slant head is based on the original (called 'Classic' if I remember correctly).

I know exactly where you're coming from though. I enjoy the SE1 but my Generals and Hawk are smoother.

My exact thoughts and experiences

I like my SE1 in aluminium, but don't see the point (or edge) of this ATT SE slant. Surely slant DE razors are supposed to give the blade greater rigidity because it's under torsion, but all SE blades I've used have so little flex this isn't an issue. And if the idea is to allow the blade to glide down your face and chop hairs like a guillotine, just use a normal AC razor but lead a little with one side of the head.

IMG_20210601_191255-01.jpeg
Razor: ATT X1
Blade: Proline (5)
Brush: Simply Turned Silvertip
Soap: P&B Iceni
ASL: P&B Iceni
ASB: P&B Iceni

I had an outstanding first shave with the X1. For me, this razor is both smoother and more efficient than the Vector (although less pretty). I seem to get on well with slants. Obviously this is only the first shave but it's a very good first shave.

Back
Top Bottom