Arko Scent

I definitely prefer it after it's been unwrapped for a while. Imagine what the factory workers must smell like
Many many years when I was a student I had digs above a fish and chips shop in Glasgow west end. Often I could hear bellies rumbling at lectures from those sitting around me as the smell of fish and chips aroused their appetites at all the wrong times.
Smell does matter.

Merely leave the stick exposed in your bathroom. It will slowly degrade in scent potency some, but not totally + it will engulf your bathroom in citronella scent.

I'm resurrecting an old thread here (but a perennial one in the wet shaving community).

For the record, I like the smell of Arko but find it a bit too strong.

I have two boxes of Arko sticks - both with eleven left in them.
I recently said I thought the scent wasn't as strong on the newer box but I think I had a cold coming on at the time as side-by-side both smell equally strong to me.
As an experiment one box has been wrapped in a strong plastic 'sandwich' bag so the smell is contained therein and doesn't spread to other items in the vicinity. I've left the sticks wrapped in their original foil.
With the other box I've decided to unwrap all the sticks and leave them in their open box which will get some air to it but stored such that it won't contaminate things nearby.
I'm hoping in three months' time there will be a noticeable difference in the strength of the smell between the two boxes. I'm also hoping there won't be a strong wet animal smell that comes through from the tallow as the classic Arko smell diminishes (I'm thinking Hampshire Woolfat or the early Stirling soaps).

I also have some Derby sticks which I may try the same experiment with...

W3hdeF3J8qYaWTsMA
IMG_20240215_184622.jpg

I don't have any of the tubs so didn't know they had the face print in them.
Mind you I never noticed the Arko Evyap imprint in my sticks till I unwrapped half of them, and I'm not new to Arko sticks.

Back
Top Bottom