Arko Scent

Well I've got a stick of it upstairs that I've yet to open... Makes me think I should let it breathe! Everyone who's said anything about it seems to be of the opinion that the performance (especially for the price) is legendary but you either love or hate the smell. I'm going to peel back a bit of the foil now, you've piqued my interest.

Reactions: PHR
I haven't even shaved with it yet, it certainly seems to divide opinion. I think I'll leave it for a few months though!

I like the lemony smell of new Arko.

IMO a new stick of Tabac is much harder to get along with - although after a while it calms down and smells lovely.

Hmm I just had my first go with it and I see what everyone means about the smell. It does remind me of those yellow cubes they put in urinals. I also made the mistake of applying it directly on top of Proraso green preshave and that didn't work at all. Killed the lather completely. I rinsed the brush and my face and had another go but it still didn't give me the texture I wanted. However I put this down to user error and the mistake of trying a new not well honed razor all on the same day. I'll persevere because it's obviously me rather than the soap stick, which gets such praise normally. So yeah, first go, I managed to fail with a soap that almost everyone agrees is easy to lather. It's been a long week and really I should have stayed in bed! I'll try again tomorrow with a known good blade.

Back
Top Bottom