Arko question

I have a few different soaps & creams that I've been using for the past few months, but I find myself coming back to the cheapest one, a Palmolive stick. I find this lathers up well & also leaves my face feeling refreshed. It also doesn't seem to dry it out either.

My question is this, if I get on this well with the Palmolive will I enjoy the Arko more or less, particularly with regards to the lather & how it feels afterwards? I'm ignoring the diametrically opposed views on the smell of it that vary between public urinal & lemon fresh & will decide when I get one.

So, will I be pleased or disappointed?

I think you will get well pleased, smell is completely personal thing. in my opinion its a nice smell, i think it reminds me cleanliness and freshness. I am sure you will be well satisfied by its performance, wellworth a try.

Wanderlust167 said:
I have a few different soaps & creams that I've been using for the past few months, but I find myself coming back to the cheapest one, a Palmolive stick. I find this lathers up well & also leaves my face feeling refreshed. It also doesn't seem to dry it out either.

My question is this, if I get on this well with the Palmolive will I enjoy the Arko more or less, particularly with regards to the lather & how it feels afterwards? I'm ignoring the diametrically opposed views on the smell of it that vary between public urinal & lemon fresh & will decide when I get one.

So, will I be pleased or disappointed?

I have used arko for the last 12 months, it produces great lather and has a distinct lemon smell. I have recently switched back to the palmolive stick because the arko left my face dry/tight. If you want a free arko stick to try PM I've loads spare

You won't find a better shaving soap (for the price) than Palmolive, BUT Arko is a soap that every man should try.

The lather is on a par with Palmolive and the price isn't as outrageous as Spieck or Valobra.

Thanks for the replies guys & the very kind offer of a stick Dave, which I may take you up on. I knew that people liked it but your answers confirm that I should add this to my small collection sooner rather than later.
Cheers
Matt

I found ARKO to be a better latherer than Palmolive and its a bit softer too which makes it easier for stuffing in a shaving mug should you wish to go that way. I liked the smell at first but after a while it turned my stomach.

Al H said:
Does it really smell that bad

Best comparison I can make would be, "Does Marmite honestly taste so foul ?". Ako's scent seems to be perhaps the most divisive subject I've seen on the shaving sections of TSR ! For me I'm in the half which finds the Arko scent truly nauseating and almost all pervading.
The performance on the other hand is really excellent.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

I'm OK with the smell of Arko, I quite like it's zinginess! Delivers a great lather and shave, but I also find it a little drying post-shave compared to Palmolive. Nothing major though.

Carried out a little experiment last week, I grated up an Arko stick and a Palmolive stick and mashed them into a shave bowl to form the ultimate Frankensoap. Very nice, very creamy and not so much of the dry face I tend to get when using Arko on it's own. I love the smell of both these soaps so win win for me.

Back
Top Bottom