Aristocrat Arrived 2

[attachment=0][attachment=1]
Well as you may have gathered the razor I have been waiting for arrived in the post today. I was like a kid at Christmas. I would hate to think what this thing must have cost new. But it seems to be in mint condition with no plate loss at all............ :cool: :cool:
So I am a VERY happy bunnie !!!!......... :roll: :roll:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 201
  • 6.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 213
missingskin said:
I would hate to think what this thing must have cost new.

"Well firstly it's a top end razor (so immediately rarer than others of it's vintage - the Aristocrats sold for around 40/- when the standard Rocket was about 8/6 and average wage was around £7 per week, it's a heck of a chunk of your paypacket), it's Rhodium plated (so add another bit of excitement on - it's about $100/sq.in to plate in Rhodium today) but it should be 100% tarnish-free."

from <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1903&p=22370&hilit=paypacket#p22370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1903&p=22370&hilit=paypacket#p22370</a><!-- l -->

What a lovely looking piece of kit. Hope you develop a wonderful relationship and have a lot of lot of fun together.
However if you don't and you happen to fall out for what ever reason just let me know.please :lol: I will happily adopt it for you and look after it like my own.

antdad said:
Nice, congrats what model is it?

Looks like a number "21" Aristocrat, i guess by looking at Achims site, box lining is a different colour though :

1948%20Aristocrat%20No%2021%20Australia.JPG

Hiya,

To my eye, the #21 is one of the very best looking of all the various other Bulldog types. Heh, it helps that I'm a sucker for models with no end caps. I'd guess it to shave somewhat similar to the US Aristocrat/Diplomat/President types, but I can't say from experience.

Nice when things turn out well,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom