Are you weighing the coffee for each shot?

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
I have been weighing mine to try and keep some consistency. Currently I use 16g per pull. Am I taking it too far? lol
It doesn't add any time onto making a shot so I will continue to do it.

I prob over pack as well then, full filter and then a swipe with the finger, so the filter is full to the brim. Then a couple of shakes and knocks with my tamper and then two tamps and in it goes. But I think your take most likely is better/more consistent.

Yes, my Macap 4 has dosers, but I don't use them. I open the lid on the doser and look how much I need (double or triple). Would have been better without a doser and just grind the coffee into the filter directly. You live and learn.

Mikael said:
Yes, my Macap 4 has dosers, but I don't use them. I open the lid on the doser and look how much I need (double or triple). Would have been better without a doser and just grind the coffee into the filter directly. You live and learn.

what do you call those grinders they use in places like costa (not sure about starbucks)

the ones where there is the lever that grinds when they pull it?

if i was going to get a machine with grinder would prefer one of them or some kind of automatic coffee machine

The lever doesn't grind when it's pulled, that's the doser.

The coffee grinds fall into the doser from the grinder which then expell a preset measure of ground coffee when the lever is pulled.

antdad said:
The lever doesn't grind when it's pulled, that's the doser.

The coffee grinds fall into the doser from the grinder which then expell a preset measure of ground coffee when the lever is pulled.

:huh: you can see the beans in the pot above where lever is

The bean hopper sits atop the grinder, the coffee is ground and falls into the doser which is attached to the grinder and is then dispensed using a lever.

I can't explain things any more simply bud, get Costa to give you a demo.

antdad said:
The bean hopper sits atop the grinder, the coffee is ground and falls into the doser which is attached to the grinder and is then dispensed using a lever.

I can't explain things any more simply bud, get Costa to give you a demo.

thanks, i understand now

Wow...time travelling weighing scales.

You might continue to weigh the grind or beans but in time you should be able to guesstimate quantities plus or minus 0.5g

Mikael said:
I prob over pack as well then, full filter and then a swipe with the finger, so the filter is full to the brim. Then a couple of shakes and knocks with my tamper and then two tamps and in it goes. But I think your take most likely is better/more consistent.

me too

Back
Top Bottom