Are these Israeli Reds?

So are these Israeli parsonna reds if so why do they state these are from there and only have USA????

Attachments

• Personna_Platinu_4a809a0b493b6_90x90.gif
    360 bytes · Views: 169
Yep, the wrap paper is red

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.connaughtshaving.com/redpersonna.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.connaughtshaving.com/redpersonna.html</a><!-- m -->

There's also a lot of crap goes around about tariffs on trade, if it gets shipped as a "work in progress" like say unpacked razor blades, there's no import duty to be paid (or because it's unfinished it has a low value and therefore low duties to be paid) - stick a wrapper on it and it's finished, price then goes up... neatly legally avoided the duty (or most of it) and the country of manufacture can be changed too - since the last part of manufacture has happened in the destination country rather than the originating one.

I am sorry I don't want to start some big debate. It's just in this house we try to buy stuff where we know the source / country of origin - even when it comes to groceries! We just dislike and mistrust companies/packaging that misleads the buyer - whether it's green beans or blades. Thank you for your replies - it has helped enormously. I just don't like misleading labels.

over5feet said:
The thing is for our own reasons in this house we try to avoid products from Israel

... then also stay away from Boots, Morrisons and Tescoes 'own' brands as they are the IPs, as well.

If I remember correctly, any of the brands with the sillhouette of a DE Blade on it.[attachment=0]

Attachments

• sillhouette blade.png
    360 bytes · Views: 145
am sorry I don't want to start some big debate. It's just in this house we try to buy stuff where we know the source / country of origin - even when it comes to groceries! We just dislike and mistrust companies/packaging that misleads the buyer - whether it's green beans or blades. Thank you for your replies - it has helped enormously. I just don't like misleading labels.

Personally I found that the Red Personnas performed slightly better than the Crystals in the Edwin Jagger but there was no discernible difference in the Futur all in all a very similar blade.

I've seen some edge photographs and the Crystals (Blue IPs) look like they have a different coating. The Red IPs look almost identical to the Tesco/Asda/Boots blades.

I prefer the Crystals followed by the Reds then the Tesco, but different faces...

I've been farkling around with Super Iridiums and Feathers and Kais and a few others recently, then just had two absolutely cracking shaves over the past couple of days with Red Personnas. I'd forgotten how good they were.

Back
Top Bottom