Aqua Velva Musk

Professor Blighty said:
No, natural musk from the musk deer has been banned in the west for about 20 years now, following a campaign by the World Wildlife Fund to save the deer from extermination.

I am using a synthetic musk, but of all the synthetic musks I have tried this one is far and away the best, unless you are a real "nose" you won't be able to tell it from the real thing. And the poor old deer doesn't have to get slaughtered either!
:D

By banned in the west you mean "harvesting" is banned in the west. You can buy 100% deer musk online, although it is pricey. Similarly with civet musk and ambergris. The animals don't always have to be slaughtered and in some countries the animals which produce musk for fragrances are pests. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Being a bit snooty when it comes to scents, I can tell the difference between real ambergris and synthetic ambergris and I'd guess the same with musk. However by no means do I consider myself a "nose".

Considering the prices of Jovan, AV et all, I'd say that the price is a bit high (£12 standard price).

So I have a couple of simple questions,

1. Are you willing to disclose who the testers from this website are?

2. Considering you are trying to sell your own product, would you be willing to give samples to any member who wishes to try it?

Cheers

andyjreid said:
Considering you are trying to sell your own product, would you be willing to give samples to any member who wishes to try it?

Andy I'm a tester :ugeek:

Once I've given it a fair go I'll pif it on to someone else, but when It gets here I'll send a 5ml bottle up to you.

Rik said:
hando said:
I was suprised at this but you're right Hando; very similar. Jovan is more refined though which works for me. ;-)

glad you like it, should be easier for you to get than the Barbasol, which is now at Tony B's

anyone got some Brut Musk they can send me a sample of :hungrig

fozz77 said:
Wow, its between $2.95 - 3.20 a bottle ~ 2 quid.

I will gladly send some over to the UK. However, I have no clue of the implications, if any, of sending liquids/alcohol overseas.

Must add that to the list I'm going to spring on my folks when they head over to Houston in March. Got 2 bottles of Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum and 1 bottle of the AS Lotion last time :D

Back
Top Bottom