Aqua Velva and Gillette Shaving Creams

Hello there

I'm currently away on foreign shores with an intermittent connection so please forgive me if this has already been asked and answered.

The wife and I have been out and about today and I've come across a shop with a large stock of Aqua Velva shaving cream and Gillette shaving cream.

Both are in squeezable tubes.

Has anyone used the Aqua Velva cream? Is it any good? Should I raid the stock!?

The Gillette looked very old style - a simple white tube with some red writing. Again is this any good and should I plunder the stock?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

trainman said:
I didn't know Aqua Velva did a shaving cream.

Dave.

Me neither and Google brought up no hits. But I'm presuming it's not something that would be faked given the relatively niche interest and low price.

I'll give it a punt for the less than £2 price.

Yep. Going back with the wife tomorrow.

If I remember correctly there was Aqua Velva, Colgate and Gillette Shaving Cream (Palmolive too) and they were dirt cheap, ie less than £2 per tube so may get quite a few.

Loads of Minora blades. Again I'll get numerous dependant upon price.

Loads of Lord shaving soap, didn't see the price on that though. Anyone used that?

And finally, Aqua Velva Blue 200ml - Sara Lee version - at about £5 a bottle. Already got one but will get some more.

No worries chaps. Today I've managed to pick up another four 200ml Aqua Velva Blue a/s. They'll go up for sale on my return. Also some Omega 77 brushes - not massively impressed with the quality of them but at less than a fiver each then I'm not too worried.

The shop with the creams and Minora blades was shut but I'm going back down in an hours time when it should reopen. I'll see what I can get and at what
price. I'm beginning to wonder whether I've superimposed Aqua Velva when it may have been Williams shaving cream.

The Lord shaving soap was a bum steer. When they opened the box it was in fact very small bottles of Lord aftershave. Something lost in translation with that one!

So here's the haul gents.

[attachment=9325]

Unfortunately it wasn't Aqua Velva Cream but Williams and I couldn't locate the Colgate cream. That may have been in another shop but can't remember for the life of me where. Sorry about that.

When I get back I'm happy to put blade packs, Aqua Velva, Gillette and Williams creams up for sale with those who have already expressed an interest in here getting first dibs.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1389468015.798298.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1389468015.798298.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom