Anyone using a Hone 15 DE razor?

It looks great, and I would gladly give one a home looks-wise, but it is quite expensive! I would need to hear lots of great reviews before taking the plunge at this price.

Still, nice to see another razor on the market, and I hope it turns into a great success!!!! :)

Matt

Hi everyone, thanks for the comments. And as Bechet said, thank you Darkbulb for starting this whole thread.

I will actively look at the handle, give me a little while to see what options I can come up with. I am concerned about controlling the finish across parts if I produce another handle in a separate run, but that is my issue to solve.

I do have a very limited number of razors I can send for marketing purposes. If there is someone that lots of people really wish to hear from and that person is willing also, I think it can be arranged. As Scott said in his review, due to the nature of the material I prefer to send a fresh razor for review so they are a finite resource.

As a side note about using it for the first time, the kind gentleman that helped me film my video above hadn't wet shaved in a number of years, and had never used a double edge razor. We filmed him in one take, or should that be one shave (double pass) due to limited time on his first ever double edged shave after I gave him 5 minutes dry instruction.

I do have a very limited number of razors I can send for marketing purposes. If there is someone that lots of people really wish to hear from and that person is willing also, I think it can be arranged. As Scott said in his review, due to the nature of the material I prefer to send a fresh razor for review so they are a finite resource.
That would be me of course. Just kidding, although I seem to be trying a new razor every week right now. I think what most people here are interested in is how it shaves. In a pass around we could see how the material develops over time. Everyone takes a picture. Then we send it to @Dr Terror to see if he can polish the shit out of it to make it look better than new. :D

Well I'm game. How does a pass around usually work here? I had a couple of thoughts, let me know if you think they are fair.

Whoever does get to see the razor first, would they please share the out of the box appearance, before it has been used?

Could we start a thread topic for the pass around so its easy to find all the thoughts in one place?

Please no polishing with blood :) or other abrasive polishing, some metal polishes are really aggressive and do knock the edge of the finish - (i'm compiling a list of good/bad at the moment). Just Soapy water a quick rub with a cloth and a dry is fine, if it even needs it. Interesting side note, one of the lovely properties of brass is that it is oligodynamic, which I have heard is one of the reasons it was used for door handle and push plates in hospitals for a long time so it's naturally always clean, as it were.

I will make up some foam pieces to hold the razor and make it easier to re-package and share - this is not how it usually ships as I normally try to make the packaging 100% recyclable, just something to note.

How does the shipping between people usually get paid for? Reading above, I was thinking I might be able to fund one of the bigger jumps to help and get more involvement if there is enough interest. I think there is a good community here so it would be a shame for some to miss out for that reason.

How long to people usually keep the razor for, and what usually happens at the end?

Let me know how you would like to structure it and I'll put something together to share.

Andrew.

Last edited:
Hi @Hone

I would like to be involved to experience the razor, but I have seen reviews by others that are more in depth than you would get from me so I should not go first!

Generally a list is put together on a "first come first served" basis, so someone uses the razor and then pays to send it to the next person on a list. Obviously there is a lot of trust involved here, and it is not impossible for a razor to go missing, but I suspect this is VERY rare.

What happens at the end of the pass around is up to you. It could be returned to you, or maybe it could be raffled or auctioned for charity. Up to you!

This would be a lovely and we'll received offer from you if you decide to go ahead with the idea. Good man!!!

Matt

@Hone - Generally someone offers up the the razor for a pass-around in this case I guess someone needs to "be responsible" for running the pass-around; I don't mind being this person if you wish.

I can start a thread in the passaround section and compile a list of members who wish to try. The number is up to you, sometimes it is limited to 10/20 etc...

PM me if you wish to continue with this idea and we can get it moving.... :)

Well I'm game. How does a pass around usually work here? I had a couple of thoughts, let me know if you think they are fair.

Whoever does get to see the razor first, would they please share the out of the box appearance, before it has been used?

Could we start a thread topic for the pass around so its easy to find all the thoughts in one place?

Please no polishing with blood :) or other abrasive polishing, some metal polishes are really aggressive and do knock the edge of the finish - (i'm compiling a list of good/bad at the moment). Just Soapy water a quick rub with a cloth and a dry is fine, if it even needs it. Interesting side note, one of the lovely properties of brass is that it is oligodynamic, which I have heard is one of the reasons it was used for door handle and push plates in hospitals for a long time so it's naturally always clean, as it were.

I will make up some foam pieces to hold the razor and make it easier to re-package and share - this is not how it usually ships as I normally try to make the packaging 100% recyclable, just something to note.

How does the shipping between people usually get paid for? Reading above, I was thinking I might be able to fund one of the bigger jumps to help and get more involvement if there is enough interest. I think there is a good community here so it would be a shame for some to miss out for that reason.

How long to people usually keep the razor for, and what usually happens at the end?

Let me know how you would like to structure it and I'll put something together to share.

Andrew.
Start a thread in the 'Lending pool' section of the forum. Have a look at some recent pass arounds to see how they are normally done. Shipping is paid for by the person who ships the razor. We don't mind that. A small price to pay. If you don't want the hassle of organising this, I'll volunteer and do it for you. Just PM me..
(Edit: rowlers just beat me to this offer...)
I'm certainly looking forward to this beauty. I haven't shaved with a pass around razor since.... well.... yesterday... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom